orgeat syrup? [General]

2010 Sep 17
anyone know where I can find it in Ottawa? I have a Mai Tai Jones. what are your fav cocktails -- we're having a blender party -- an ultimate bar cocktail calendar, and a whole bunch of liqueurs, mixes, and marachinos.

2010 Sep 21
I know chocodirect sells it and shipping for any order is $5
I always buy a ton of gifts from there and they are a good company to deal with.
they also sell chocolate to all the smaller local european stores (swiss pastries,farm boy,cedars and others).
I know this cuz the product I see has their label on it (back and white print w Euroexcellence..which is their business name).

-you also usually get some extra freebies w orders (whatever random stuff is short dates,but still edible).
their clearance section is great.

William brand orgeat syrup 1liter is $6.54

chocodirect.com

they have a lot of good chocolates and also have a lot of Cote D'or other places do not carry (like the dark chocolate spread).

Also forgot for payment to Chocodirect they accept paypal or if you back by credit card, it has to be by phone (and they call you-they are somewhat small with people so they do not have a phone # on their website yet).
But I have places 25+ orders over the years and no issues ever :)

-shipping to ottawa takes max 5 days, if you are in montreal area it is 2 business days atmost.
they ship w expresspost

2012 Mar 18
bump

i finally found some orgeat syrup in a Loblaws on Baseline Road. the brand is 'Gioia' and it's imported by Molisana Imports. it's priced at $3.69 and was found in the same aisle as soft drinks beside some other Italian sodas and the Angostura Bitters.

note it's marked Orzata but i understand it's essentially the Italian version of Orgeat and a perfectly acceptable substitute. have yet to use it in a Mai Tai, but will soon.

...now where the hell can i find some Orange Curacao?