Restaurants for Functions? [Events]

2010 Sep 16
Hey Everyone,

I am part of an organization that holds a semi-formal event every year, and this year I am the one in charge of organizing that event. I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good location for this event, possibly one that can provide us with a little privacy.

Last Year's Details:

Held - Malone's Grill by Dow's Lake
Attendees - Approximately 40 to 50
Menu: Appetizer - Salad. Main Course - Chicken, Steak, Salmon, or Veggie Option. Dessert - don't remember
Cost - $40/person, taxes and gratuities in.

I would really not like to raise the price if possible, a location closer to downtown or the market would be preferable, and something with a similar menu option would be great.

Thanks for any help.

2010 Sep 20
I believe that The Courtyard ( Courtyard Restaurant ) in the market should be re-open soon, and they might be able to accommodate you. You could also try Juniper ( Juniper ), but it might be out of range of your budget.

You didn't give information such as whether you would prefer room for presentations, or other such things that might happen at a business event.

2010 Sep 26
I would check out Trattoria Caffe Italia. They have a separate room Sopra that would give you privacy. Here's a link to the menu:

www.trattoriaitalia.com

I also thought of Full House restaurant on Somerset. They have a nice group menu and may be able to seat you in your own private space.

www.ottawapianobars.com

Hope this helps!