Agritour - on this & next weekend [General]

2010 Sep 10
Has anyone ever heard of the www.agritour.ca/en/the-farms farm tour through the lower Ottawa Valley (south and east of Ottawa)? This is the 15th edition which surprises me as I haven't heard much about it over the years, though I have heard about it and know a producer who used to participate, and it doesn't seem to get much publicity. I only read about it in a 2 page spread in the Chesterville Record (wow - so they do some local advertising) that my wife brought home from her mother's a half hour to the east. Some local producers are participating and you may have heard a few names before, like Upper Canada Cranberries, Beau's in Vankleek Hill, Bearbrook Farms, etc. and also 4 wineries, a few apple orchards, some organic farms (incl. beef), etc. A complete list is at my link. Note that a few places charge a Loonie for admission??? and there are a couple museums on the tour that charge more (incl. the Experimental Farm).

I checked and see that karey mentioned it last year but it looks like no-one has heard of it or gone out on it specifically. Do they advertise at all in Ottawa? It's not in the Wiki of Ottawa events. Maybe they aren't interested in Ottawa??? Just seems kinda strange to me as I think it could be a popular event. But what do I know.