Hard Pretzels? [Food/Vendor]

2010 Sep 7
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here and I was wondering if I could maybe tap your foodie brains a little ;-)

I'm looking for a place that sells homemade hard pretzels in Ottawa. I know about Swiss Pastries for soft pretzels, but I really prefer the crunch of a hard pretzel personally. My parents had brought some back from the Memonite communities in Pennsylvania and I fell in love. They really know their pretzels.

Any info would be appreciated, Im in pretzel withdrawal LOL

Cheers

2010 Sep 9
As an avid pretzel eater, I can say I'm not aware of any homemade hard pretzels that exist in Ottawa.

My go to places for Pretzels are Bulk Barn for their Mutigrain nuggets or sour dough nuggets. I like the Presidents Choice Blue Menu Multi grain waffle pretzels from Loblaws

On occasion, I buy the giant "Jake Baked" pretzel twists from Metro.

2010 Sep 11
Thanks for the info my friend. I too am fond of the Bulk Barn sour dough nuggets. I am also a fan of the Snyder's pretzel chunks... Mmmmmm Mmmmmm. But I have yet to find a real homemade hard pretzel in this wonderful city. Maybe a trip to Pennsylvania is in order LOL.

Anyone else have any ideas where i can find these crunchy delights?

Cheers

2010 Sep 12
I'm a big pretzel fan too. Snyders of Hanover Olde Tyme are my favorite shame I can't find them in Ottawa anymore. Have to cross and get them in the U.S. Their cheddar cheese pieces are killer too.
www.snydersofhanover.com/Home/