Lounge for reception-style event? [General]

2010 Aug 31
Hello!

The company I work for would like to host a reception-style event for some of our top clients in September. I have been tasked with finding a lounge-style space where people could sit in a tall chair or stand and mingle and talk freely/give feedback while enjoying a glass of wine or a beer, and some finger food. 12-20 people give or take ... over the course of 90 minutes or so.

I've been considering Restaurant18 as most other places seem very sit-down-ey and formal. A pub might work but is there anything in Byward Market that anyone can recommend, or anywhere within walking distance to the Westin Ottawa that sounds good?

People would only be there for a couple of hours in the late afternoon, and then go somewhere else for dinner. It's on my company's tab which isn't endless, unfortunately ...

Any and all ideas are welcome, and have a great day!

LoungeLover

2010 Sep 1
Hi LL

Empire Grill in the market is great and they do have a back room that can be used for your reception. The Social on Sussex is also a nice lounge spot too.

Thanks

CF

2010 Sep 3
The bar area at the front of the Black Thorn cafe might work or the lounge at the ARC hotel. (I've only been to the Black Thorn cafe for drinks, and it was great. According to reviews here, the food is hit and miss.)

2010 Sep 3
Play Food and Wine has an area upstairs that can be turned into that kind of event space (I think), it's a cool location too, and close to the westin. The food is excellent, and the prices are good in my opinion.