Desperately seeking Macaron Lovers.... [General]

2010 Aug 31
Hello Everyone,
I am just getting a new business off the ground, and I would appreciate some foodie feedback on my wares ; ) I will be selling a variety of flavours of French Macarons. The ones I had in Paris were divine, and try as I might, I have not found anything that rivaled here in Ottawa. So, I set about making my own, and I would like to sell them. I have a logo and packaging in the works, but I would like to get some feedback on flavourings. Would anyone be willing to be a taster?

There's delightful FREE macarons in it for you ; )

Have I tempted you yet?

I'm hoping to set up a booth in the farmer's market at Lansdowne...provided that they're a hit of course. I love them, but I'm biased. Hubs loves them, but he'll eat anything.

PM me if you're interested : )

Amuse

2010 Aug 31
I would love to sample some.

2010 Aug 31
Excellent! I hope you will not be disappointed Chimi...I don't want to over hype ; )

I have a meeting with the Marketing department of Thyme and Again to discuss them selling my Macarons as well! This is a good start!

I hope there are lots of Macaron lovers in Ottawa. Please spread the word about
Pépins French Macarons. I named my company after my grandfather.

If you know any Macaron lovers, please tell them to contact me : )

Amuse

2010 Sep 1
I'm in! I will PM you.

2010 Sep 1
i am more than happy to help out!

2010 Sep 1
Oh yum! I would love to assist. Will PM you :)

2010 Sep 1
sign me up! I'm guessing you are getting too many volounteers? :-)

2010 Sep 1
I'm definitely in.

2010 Sep 1
Oh me PLEASE!

2010 Sep 1
Uh... who doesn't love Macarons? I'm in!

2010 Sep 2
*raises hands* Foodie in love with macaroons here. :) Always happy to help.

2010 Sep 2
I'll even bring a bottle of something complementary to the tasting? Macarons & Kirschwasser? Macraons & Pastis? Hmmmm....

2010 Sep 2
Yeah, sign me up for macarons and anything alcoholic that Pete brings ;)

2010 Sep 2
So THAT'S how you get people interested in a thread! haha

2010 Sep 2
FINE I'll bring something too.

2010 Sep 2
WOW! I am so overwhelmed by the response to my offer!!! You guys are amazing! I think we should make this into a gathering. What better way to celebrate the delectable Macaron than with alcohol, and fellow foodies ; )

If anyone else would like to join in, and I haven't received a PM from you, please send me your e-mail so that I can send you my flavour list. This way, everyone can try a flavour they know they will love.

I have now e-mailed everyone who sent me their e-mail address... if you didn't receive anything from me, please let me know and I will re-send it.

I look forward to it....now to pick a time and place that will hold all of us : )

Thanks again! Your support is very much appreciated xo

Amuse

2010 Sep 5
I'm in too please.

2010 Sep 8
I would be interested as well. I ate a lot of them from Angelina's in Paris. I know a few people import them from Montreal, but you can't beat how they taste first hand. I've long thought there was a screaming need for them here.

Pistachio should be the number one flavour.