101 Tastes to Try Before You Die - Ottawa Mag [General]

2010 Aug 26
Ottawa Magazine came out with a list of Ottawa foods called 101 Tastes to Try Before You Die, here:

www.ottawamagazine.com

2010 Aug 26
This is not a new list. It's a republication of last September's list, with 2 or 3 new additions, due to the need to replace items that were no longer available.

If you want to see the list in full, rather than flipping through each page, it's on my blog:

heartfulmouthful.wordpress.com

2010 Aug 26
anyone try William J Walter Saucissier which is on the list? I am still looking for spicy lamb merguez without a trip to Montreal. The list mentions Aubrey’s but unless they have changed recently, I have found them bland.

2010 Aug 27
We have tried William J Walter Saucissier and just about went ape over every sausage we tried. They were ridiculously good. The only thing that makes me a bit cranky is that so much of my life has passed until I found them. I think you will love the smooth texture. Good luck deciding what to get. The choices are well beyond my fingers and toes. And we found them so friendly when we were there.

2010 Aug 27
This list got me hooked on a lot of things, when I first read it...Whalesbone brown bag lunch foremost among them.