Recent dim sum reviews? [General]

2010 Aug 15
About a year ago I found dim sum in Ottawa to be wanting after a few less than stellar experiences at my usual haunt, Mandarin Ogilvie, so stopped going for dim sum altogether. Before then I was going to Beijing Tianrun out on Bank Street but that place really jumped the shark when it changed owners.

My sister was visiting a couple of weeks ago and we ended up at Yangtze which was better than I had remembered it in a long time although we kept it light with shrimp rice noodles, shrimp siu mai, sticky rice and sesame balls. This got me thinking... are there any new dim sum places worth checking out? Anything that is a cut above? I know when I am in Toronto I like going to The Pearl on Queen's Quay but haven't found anything in Ottawa that I enjoy as much. Where is everyone on the board going to these days?

2010 Aug 15
I'd love to hear what people have found, because any time I've gone had dim sum in Ottawa in the last, jeez, eight years it's been to Yangtze. I don't know if I'd call it a dim sum rut, given the variety we get, but I'd still like to see what else is out there while still having quality guaranteed.

2010 Aug 15
I really like Sea King Seafood on Merivale by Nicastro's.

2010 Aug 16
Chu Shing across the street from Yangtze and they're decent as well. I find that timing with Dim Sum can be everything for me I like to time it and try and be there when all the fun stuff is coming out not just the same old stuff.