has anyone had dinner at Carmen's Veranda lately? [General]

2010 Aug 9
I'm trying to work up to another visit. I've had a few nice brunches there, but my dinner experiences of a few years ago were totally unimpressive, so I haven't been back. That said, it's a restaurant in my area, and on principle I'd like to support it. I note that there are very few reviews, and all are for brunch. Can anyone give me feedback on dinner in the last year or so?

2010 Aug 13
Okay, I'm responding to my own post, which is a bit sad. I'm concluding that nobody has had dinner at Carmen's in recent history, so I guess I'll have to take one for the team and give them a try - I'll let you know how it goes.

If I'm wrong, and someone has been there for dinner recently (and they are, after all, still in business, so somebody must be eating there) I'd really appreciate your insights.

2010 Aug 13
Can't really help, other than to echo your experiences. We've been at weekend lunchtime* several times and enjoyed it, but the dinner experience was, well rather "Meh" and expensive (for my wallet). Nothing at all wrong with it, we'd just built our hopes up a bit and it didn't really come through. One the one hand I didn't want to give a negative review in the Buzz section, especially since I like to support my neighborhood businesses, but on the other I thought I could get better value for money elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll look forward to hearing about your experience ...

* I refuse to acknowledge brunch as a proper meal ... but that's a rant for another time and not specific to Carmen's.