Slavic wine pour fail? [General]

2010 Aug 4
Any slavs out there?

Does this wine pour look at all insulting to you?

There were a few big faux pas I learned in my year in the Soviet Union, and pouring wine the right way was one of them (along with shaking hands through a doorway)

This is not quite a major insult by my recollection, but it is precariously close to my eye. The fingers are clearly on the bottom of the bottle, and thumb on top. But the hand is to the rear which may make it no-man's land, I'm not sure.

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bellick?

(credit Pej Daddy with the photo, in case it was not obvious by the watermark)

2010 Aug 4
While this is an interesting topic, let's agree that it cannot reflect poorly on Atelier. I'd only expect a Slavic restaurant to follow social rules like this. Complaining about a non-Slavic restaurant pouring wine like this is akin to a Vietnamese person complaining about a North American restaurant where the bill is brought to the table before it is specifically requested.

2010 Aug 5
Of course it cannot reflect poorly on them (which is why I did not even mention their name in this thread - ahem) - how the heck would they know? I'm just posting it because I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that pour - had it drilled into my head 20 years ago and it stuck. Cross-cultural faux pas like that are something I always find very interesting. Like when someone comes to visit you have to invite them in before shaking their hand - if you shake it through the doorway you might as well kick them in the groin and send them away!

2010 Aug 5
Damn those people are dapper!

2010 Aug 6
I'm Slav but know very little about wine and how it should be poured.

Now bring me some rakija!!