Licensed Event Venues - 50+ People [General]

2010 Jul 21
Hello, I am looking for a venue in the Ottawa area that can easily accommodate 50+ people sometime in the fall. Some of the important factors in consideration are:

1) Can be licensed
2) Can be self-catered
3) Has some form of shelter in case of rain

Ideally, it would also provide an outdoor area that could be used for grilling/BBQing. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations that you may have. Thanks.

2010 Jul 21
Your best bet would be the Lone Star group, they have an outdoor "Pit' for just those kinds of occasions. If that's not to your liking I would think that most catering groups have an area they could use (Tulips & Maple, Thyme & Again etc etc)

Terry

2010 Jul 21
My old apartment building had a 'common room' which could be rented out to members of the public. I don't know what the prices are like, but it does fit into what you are looking for... www.theadelaide.ca/

2010 Jul 21
Almost sounds like you are looking for one of the Ottawa River cruise boats... ;-)

2010 Jul 22
I used to live in the Adelaide as well. Rentals were $100 for the night. However, there is no outside venue. Have you tried contacting any of the Legion Halls or Knights of Columbus Halls Tracinho?

2010 Jul 22
Yeah snoopy, it seems my best options at the moment would be a legion or a local curling club, not bad options, but I'd like something more out of doors!

2010 Jul 22
What about Stanley's Olde Maple Lane Farm? Or maybe one of the other sugar bushes? I know Stanley's allows outside catering... not sure what their stance is on self-catering. They are licensed, and they have nice grounds, great for BBQing and they also have beautiful indoors should the need arise. Cost will be high obviously, but you said nothing about a budget... so I'm assuming you're big-timer and money ain't a thang!

2010 Jul 22
I second Terry suggestion of the Lone Star ranch - its a pretty decent venue, just not sure on the self catering options.

2010 Jul 22
Yeah I considered Lone Star ranch, but my initial inquiries lead me to believe that they don't allow self-catering. Venue would be absolutely ideal though...

2010 Jul 22
Billings Estate Historic Site? Rain space is under a tent, but the tent hold 75-80 comfortable. DM me if you have questions; it's where we had our wedding, which was both licensed and self-catered!

2010 Jul 23
The legion in Constance Bay has an outdoor patio (with bbq), but if the weather is inclement you can be inside. It is licensed and allows you to provide the food (or they will do it for a fairly low cost). The alcohol is as cheap as you will find anywhere, but on that note, it is a bit far --23 km north of Kanata and you would need designated drivers to return to Ottawa.

2010 Jul 23
A few years ago, I attended an event at the Maplewood Community Centre in Oxford Mills, about 30 minutes from Ottawa, via the 416. It's an informal setting, and better suits a casual event, but here's what they say on their website (www.maplewoodhall.ca), and it's true:

"The hall is set in beautiful grounds with mature maple trees and a small gazebo making this one of the loveliest settings in the Municipality and perfect for weddings, family reunions and outdoor concerts. All proceeds from the rentals go back into the community."

According to their site, rental is $100/day. I know that it's self catering.

Might be worth checking out if the drive isn't an issue.

2012 May 23
Today the Internet is full of different locations. So you can choose the right one for you very easily. A right venue can make all the success of a party or some other celebration.

[url=eventup.com angeles event venues[/URL]