Where did you eat tonight? [General]

2010 Jul 16
Went to Town on Elgin. The Brisket and the chicken livers are wonderful. The menu is small and the wine list needs work but it is a good place graze and people watch. It's an oasis surrounded by bad food on Elgin.

Anyone been?

2010 Jul 17
"It's an oasis surrounded by bad food on Elgin."

I'm going to beg to differ on this one. Town sounds wonderful, but there's also Maxwell's and the Manx...isn't Oz Kafe on Elgin too? Frescos is quite good, as well.

While Elgin Street isn't know for its food in the way that Murray Street is, particularly with a good amount of fast food on the North side, there are far worse neighbourhoods to find a good meal.

2010 Jul 17
We ate in tonight but we went up to Chelsea, to La Cigale for ice cream. Great ice cream there (had chocolate-orange) and it's open late (10 pm). Nice lounging on the chairs in the back, but the mosquitoes were bad tonight.

2010 Jul 17
Ended up @ Hintonburger before heading out to a movie. I won't review it in detail until they've overcome their growing pains, but the burger was very good. definitely hit the spot after hiking for about 6 hours today.

2010 Jul 18
In Toronto, and had a boozy dinner at the Black Hoof, preceded by cocktails at the Black Hoof Cafe, across the street. On the menu: tuna ceviche, roasted bone marrow, foie gras, fennel and ricotta ravioli with sausage. Very meaty (or fatty, but excellent). That was last night--today was much leaner--mostly fresh produce!

2010 Jul 18
Dinner at the in-laws! Pullao, palak, and staggeringly good butter chicken. Done with drumsticks, and kept on the bone all the way through the cooking process.

Also: more Scotch than I should probably admit to.

2010 Jul 19
I'm going to post for yesterday--we did a bluesfest vacation--nice restos for lunch, lots of beer and wine. Our last meal yesterday was a recovery meal--eat, go home, sleep...We stopped at the Prescott and had a medium Dewies. I personally love the pizza here. thin crust, balanced toppings. It was delicious, we ate 1/2, brought the rest home , had a nap, then went to bed ( 2 weeks of bluesfest)

2010 Jul 23
This is depend on your taste which type of food you like most.

2010 Jul 23
On the grassy hill of Clare Gardens Park in Westboro. We packed sandwiches and lemonade and watched Company of Fools' MidSummer Nights Dream!

2010 Jul 28
Scraping the bottom of the pantry at our place: rotini with peas, pesto and toasted pinenuts. (Apparently, I can alliterate subconsciously. I'll have to add that skill to my resume. ;) )

2010 Jul 28
Garbage frozen pizza. I'm mixing it up, OK?

2010 Jul 28
I had salmon (from Costco) with stir-fried spinach (from Kowloon Market). Very healthy food.

Try to have Omega-3 every week.

2010 Jul 29
left over bbq steak and pork tenderloin, pasta with pesto and carrots. Thank goodness for the Malbec :)

2010 Jul 29
Going down to Mrs Wilkies in Savannah Georgia now to see if I can get in for lunch since lunch is all they do. If it was anthing like Lady and Sons I'm in for a filling ride.