Meat Vending Machine [General]

2010 Jun 9
In spain
Outside an old butcher shop

consumerist.com

2010 Jun 9
This brings joy to my heart :-)

2010 Jun 9
These are all over Amsterdam. There are stores of nothing but vending machines.

I think the only ironic part of this is that it's outside a butcher shop.

2010 Jun 9
Not sure I would want to buy my meat from a vending machine.

The vending machine world is huge. We just got back from Japan and my 24yr old son who is a bit of a picky eater was happy that in the hotel in Nagahama, there was a vending machine that sold Chicken fingers and french fries. All in about 2 minutes!! Great for late night snacking for sure.

2010 Jun 9
RE: lady who brunches--we have to keep in mind that part of what drives the vending machine market in parts of Europe is limited store hours for supermarkets and other essential services. It is certainly not as restrictive as it once was, but it is still a constraint. I think the vending machine is run by the butcher shop as a service to its customers for after-hours purchases.

2010 Jun 9
Yeah, I think it is a plus that it is in front of a butcher shop. The intent seems to be to let you buy meat in off hours. If it where just about anywhere else I would be skeptical about buying meat from it. But in front of a butcher shop that I trust - right on!

2010 Jun 9
Made me think. Most countries I've traveled to in Europe, South America or Asia, have had beer dispensing vending machine almost everywhere. To me, served that exact purpose; want a beer after most stores at closed? Don't feel like grabbing a drink in an establishment, grab one in a vending machine and drink it in the comfort of your home/hotel... I wonder if we'll ever see those in Canada.

2010 Jun 10
Hey, I've seen a beer vending machine in Canada. It was in the mess on a military base in Montreal, about 15 years ago. Don't know if they still have it. I guess it's ok there as they know there is no chance of someone under 18 gaining access to the machine...