Sugar bush recommendations? [Food/Vendor]

2007 Mar 25
It's that time of year... Pancakes with maple syrup and bacon at a maple syrup farm!

Many years ago, we went to a private sugar bush feast at a place near Chelsea. It was incredible... mountains of food buffet style (amazing beans and thick sliced bacon), served in a little log cabin just big enough for our group of 50 or so. I have no idea what it was called.

We went to Fulton's two years ago, and it was *huge*. Too big -- way too many people and the line up for food was about an hour long. The walking trails were nice though.

Which are everyone's favourite sugar bushes?

2007 Mar 26
We were at Fulton's yesterday afternoon. The lines weren't bad - only waited about 20 minutes for the restaurant. I had the Valley - baked beans (which were awesome), sausage and a biscuit. Hubby and the rest in our group had the Hertage - baked beans, 2 pancakes, 2 sausage. Although - my husband complained that the syrup these days isn't as 'mapley' as when he was a kid. I tend to agree. The artificial stuff seems to have more flavour.

We also bought some of their maple seasoning and maple grilling spice from the store. Roasted a chicken with the seasoning last night. YUM!! The grilling spice is amazing on ribs on our Performer in the summer. Bring on BBQ season!!! My charcoal barbie is lonely and cold. LOL

2007 Mar 27
We always go to Wheeler's Pancake House. They have the yummiest homemade maple-sausages. The trick is to arrive early. I don't think we've waited more than 20 minutes, and often less than 5. www.wheelersmaple.com/
In fact, I'll probably be there around 9am this Saturday. I'll be the guy with 2 orders of sausage on my plate.