Ramsay's Great Escape [General]

2010 May 24
I'm a huge fan of Ramsay. His passion for food and standards is admirable and I think he has a great personality. So when i heard about his working holiday to India..and I love Indian food, I was excited. The thread about street vendors reminded me of this mini series. In Kolkata they have hundreds of little vendors serving all kinds of delicious foods. In fact in one episode, Gordon opens up his own little shop. It is 3 episodes, 1 hour shows.

I've watched it 3-4 times because their passion for food in India is out of this world. As a foodie you really appreciate it.

Have a watch guys, I think you'll like it. Really well produced show.

2010 May 24
I think Ramsay should be careful, I've been hearing his restaurants have been expanding too quickly, recently he was personally was on the verge of bankruptcy last year and one of his main UK restaurants losing a micheline star this year are recent big blows. There is something to be said of chefs who have left their kitchen for celebrity and TV limelight, their business suffers. Maybe they're not business oriented.

I do like some of his books but they've become overwhelming as there he pumps out many a year and have become more not about his cooking. On a personal note, what also gets me is some of the chefs I know may be wanna-be Ramsays cussing and being irate at their staff is just so funny you can see right through it. Maybe most restaurant kitchens should have the same disclaimer as the food network: Warning, coarse foul language, violence, (insert whatever) harassment, job security and labour laws thrown out the window, viewer discretion advised.

XOXOX KC!!!

2010 May 25
Is this on locally - or an internet pickup?

2010 May 25
I'm not sure if some dvd came out now but I got it online. It was shown on british tv channel.

2010 May 26
I'm not sure when it's airing here but there is an accompanying cookbook:

www.amazon.ca