Agave Grill Discussion [Food/Vendor]

2010 May 20
re: Agave Grill

just to correct ilikerealfood's comment about the Mexican Flag: There are three enchiladas, but you can choose any combination of chicken, beef and cheese.

2010 May 20
I appreciate the "correction" but the menu clearly says 'Tortilla'. Maybe they are encheladas but I'm just following the menu.

2010 May 20
Actually, the "correction" is to your statement:

"The Mexican flag (three torillia's each filled with beef, cheese and chicken topped with sauce and cheese) was equally delicious".

According to the menu that you nicely provided, it says:

"Three corn tortillas with your CHOICE of beef, chicken or cheese."

Your statement: All three included.

Menu's statement: Choice of three.

Cheers! :)

2010 May 20
What is with the nit picky corrections?? I didn't specify chicken, beef or cheese, and my dish came with one of each.... I didn't correct anybody; I just defended my original statement. Regardless of any minor errors on my initial review, I still think I was pretty accurate in my descriptions.

Have some nice calming chamomile and relax

2010 May 20
Wheee. All I was getting at is that you have a choice and if you aren't crazy about beef, or chicken, or cheese, that it's not necessarily one of each. My point was essentially that it can be made vegetarian, which I don't think is nit-picking.

2010 May 20
My comment wasn't actually aimed at you "lady who brunches", I welcome your comments and I enjoy your reviews. I merely posted the menu to corroborate my post with no malice, or condescension in my intent. Your other comment about choice was completely valid, thus I didn’t make reference to it in my second post. Snoopy loopy decided to be self-assertive, impudent and play semantic games with my post. In that regard, he or she was nit picking and thus I said "relax"

2010 May 20
ilikerealfood, in fact, I don't think snoopy loopy was picky enough. :-) The statement: "three torillia's each filled with beef, cheese and chicken" actually means:

* One tortilla filled with beef, cheese, and chicken
* Another tortilla filled with beef, cheese, and chicken
* Yet another tortilla filled with beef, cheese, and chicken

Reading your helpful menu picture, I'd expect they intend to give you 3 identical tortillas -- your choice of beef, chicken, or cheese. From your experience, it looks like they're happy to give you any combination of those and will give you a sampler plate of all three if you don't specify. Pretty neat, actually!

2010 May 20
Aha, here I am jumping in! Actually, unless I see some form of the word "respective", just from the sentence given (with its incorrect pluralization of the word "tortilla"), proper English reading of the sentence would tell me to expect a mixture of those 3 in each tortilla.

To expect to see one of each, in proper English I'd want the word "respective" included. e.g. "three torillias each filled with beef, cheese and chicken, respectively".

So I respectfully, not respectively, disagree with you Fresh Foodie :-)

Though as noted, the menu seems to clearly say that you get your choice. It uses the word "or" which brings a completely different meaning to the sentence. The word "and" brings another meaning. And without the word "respective", another meaning still.

2010 May 20
This thread is a good place to put all of the vendor discussion on "chicken, beef and/or cheese torillia's.

Or the popcorn. Either way, the forum is the place for that kind of discussion.

2010 May 20
The point is, my review of the Agave is positive, I will go back, and this is unnecessary. Moral of the story - check out the Agave for yourselves, you won't regret it. No hard feelings everyone.

2010 May 20
Seriously. I thought I clicked on "buzz", not "hissy fit".

2010 May 20
zym, I think you're agreeing with me. I too said that the original wording implies that all 3 ingredients were in each tortilla.

Anyway, this has gotten quite stupid! Here's what I'm going to do:

1. Change ilikerealfood's original wording from:

"(three torillia's each filled with beef, cheese and chicken topped with sauce and cheese)"

to:

"(three tortillas, one each of beef, cheese and chicken, topped with sauce and cheese)"

2. Delete all posts after his original one.

And sanity shall once again be restored. :-)

2010 May 20
LOL.. Yeah, I already committed to erasing the stuff there. If the idea is a popular one, I'd be happy to move them here instead...

2010 May 20
Might as well move them here, that way if someone searches then they know that they have the choice between the three, even if that's not what Ilikerealfood had when he went.

My point was simply that it can be made vegetarian friendly, since there aren't a lot of veggie-options there.

2010 May 21
You are right "lady who brunches" and Good idea fresh Foodie!