Restaurants and Vendors in 'Historic Sites' [General]

2010 May 12
Does anyone know of any vendors or restaurants in historically relevant sites in Ottawa or Gatineau? Preferably sites that have been preserved over the years.

I'm currently doing an internship, wherein we are putting together a tour of historic sites in the region, and I think it would be neat to include spaces that intersect history and food.

2010 May 12
"The Mill" restauraunt by Portage.

2010 May 12
Off the top of my head there is the Mooreside Tea Room at the Mackenzie King Estates.

I "think" there used to be a restaurant in or near the Maple Lawn Gardens - can anyone confirm or deny this?

If I think of anywhere else I will keep you posted.

2010 May 12
Would you consider including the Billings Museum for their tea service and the Vanier Museopark for their sugar shack?

2010 May 12

2010 May 12
Monty - in line with that, Chateau Lafayette & The Prescott are both historic.
The Keg Manor as well.

2010 May 12
Tea at the Chateau Laurier (or any historic Fairmont) is rooted in a nice bit of Canadian history.

2010 May 12
A bit outside of town, the Wakefield Mill. Nice historic building and dam, and the Lester B Pearson monument is within walking distance for more history.

2010 May 12
The Mill is one that I had forgotten about. Our tour will be focused on historic sites downtown, but at the same time, I'm also interested in this from an academic (non-internship) perspective.

2010 May 12
There is also the Cordon Bleu Cooking School or the Gasthaus Switzerland Inn.

2010 May 12

Sterling (the steak resto on the gatineau side) I believe is in a heritage building. Something to do with Mackenzie King if memory serves. They give you a tour when you dine there for the first time and tell you the history.

And what about any of the restaurants that have patios into the courtyard on George and Sussex? Black Tomato, The Courtyard ...