Oddest experience on subway? [General]

2010 May 11
Anyone?

2010 May 11
Ha, ha! But it does not involve food, ollie!

2010 May 11
lmao..funny.

if there wasn't a million places to get off..i'd agree to hearing them, but..

2010 May 11
OK, OK, I'm going to tell one of the ones that does not even involve nudity though it is a "dirty" story so bug-out now if you don't like dirty stories. But it is true. And I guess this one is loosely food related because it involves alcohol :-) But it is not one of the original ones I implicated in the other thread.

We'll leave it to FF to remove if he wishes :-)

last chance

It was also in Cologne in or around 1994 when I was living there for 2 years. I was on a subway heading home, and 2 Irish girls came in and sat down across from me. Clearly from the way they were talking, they were completely unaware of the fact that a great number of Germans are quite fluent in English.

They were talking on and on about different "wild stories", when one of them decides to finally top the other. She tells a story about how she was at this party one night and had quite a few drinks, and finally decided to head home so she called a taxi. She gets most of the way home in the taxi when she realises she does not have any money on her. Anyway, as she is telling it she is building the other girl up to the "grand finale", and at this point the other girl is in hook, line and sinker, and the girl listening to the story is on the edge of her seat. She is already anticipating the outcome, but still wants to hear it from her friend.

Anyway, the friend is continuing on, saying that she got home and told the driver she had no money, but offered the driver a [certain favour commonly abbreviated to 2 initials in English] for the fare. The other gal is literally screeching at this point, and as luck would have it, my stop was up and I was just starting to stand up to get off the subway. It was so perfectly timed, in fact, that it was almost like it was planned. Just as I stood up, the girl listening screeched out "OH MY GAWD, YOU DIDN'T!!!", and as I took my first steps toward the door, I turned calmly toward the two of them and said very calmly "I certainly hope she didn't", then I turned back around and left.

The two of them looked at me of course absolutely horrified, and they both let out a huge squeal as I exited.

It was pretty funny :-)

I've got 2 other good Cologne subway stories, actually.