Where to find mini burger buns? [General]

2010 May 9
Would anyone know where to find mini buns for burgers? I love the mini bite size as finger foods or for serving various burger styles (portobello rocks!) but haven't found mini buns anywhere (using cookie cutters for now lol...)

Thanks!

2010 May 9
LF, I don't know where to find them but you could probably make your own fairly easily or just flatten some dinner rolls. In case it helps you find them, the common term for these mini burgers is "sliders."

2010 May 9
Hey!

Try using a brioche bun recipe. I find it's a little denser and gives a more rounder shape and handles better in your hands than a delicate or fluffy bread recipe that doesn't work well for something small.

XOXO KC

2010 May 10
I'll second brioche and also recommend trying Parker House Rolls. There are tons of recipes available on the net.

2010 May 10

Hi LF,

I made mini hamburgers (or sliders) for a party I had, and used mini round dinner rolls that I found in the bulk bread section at Loblaws. Not what they were designed for but they did the trick!

2010 May 10
I second the dinner roll option - you can get them at Rideau Bakery. Or small pitas.

2010 May 10
I bought some tiny little buns from Art-is-in at the Ottawa Farmers Market on Sunday. They were about 2-3 inches in diameter. They had dynamite white and Whole wheat fennel.

2010 May 10
The Portuguese bakery on Nelson, who distribute to various grocers around the city, make dinner rolls that are perfect for this. I picked some up at Produce Depot on Carling.

2010 May 10
Not the hottest foodie item , but you can buy 20 wholewheat dinner rolls, slice them in half and use them for sliders-about $2.99 for 20 at loblaws, etc. Cut them, toast 'em-not so bad!

2010 May 10
Thanks for all the great suggestions :)

2010 May 11
I noticed in the new Metro product advertisement they indicated that they would soon be carrying slider buns in the bakery. It was noted as "coming soon."

2010 May 15
Hey Little foodista,

The Metro Flyer listed them this week. They have them for 12 for $2.99. Its on the bottom of page 5 right below Angus mini burgers which are $5.99. Here is the link to the flyer:

www.metro.ca

2010 May 15
Thanks I'll defintely try those too :)

2010 May 15
I might be odd but I can never find good buns..so i usually make burgers with nicely sliced, thin pieces of french bread....mmmm