Starfrit Scale on Sale [General]

2010 Apr 30
For anyone interested, 5 kg Starfrit digital scale on sale at Cdn Tire for $11.99:

tinyurl.com/38ahup3

I have one and know a whole lot of others who do as well - really great scale especially for this price

2010 Apr 30
I wonder if they have one that will go down to milligrams. Would be useful for me for spices and tea ingredients.

2010 Apr 30
I saw that in the flyer yesterday and plan on picking a couple up for presents - I bought one @CTC earlier this winter ($10!, reg 30) and have found it a big help in the kitchen, putting my Cuisinart spring scale out to pasture. I especially like the tare feature and the auto shut-off. Only problem is finding the space for it.
Looks like you need a "postal" scale, refashionista. As you know this scale is only good to +/- 1 g.

2010 Apr 30
We had a postal scale and we got rid of it when we bought this one - it was a behemoth. And still only went down to 1g. EDIT: I actually used to to measure this one for accuracy and this one is bang-on. The postal scale was commercial grade.

What she needs is a drug dealer's scale :-) You can actually get them at the local head shops - the hanging spring scales like a fish scale only a lot smaller.

2010 Apr 30
LOL Yes, I need one of those. ;) 1g of dried herbs is *a lot*. I've tried scaling up when blending, but it creates a fair amount of waste if I don't like the mixture. ;)

2010 Apr 30
Zym - bingo, go to Smoke Signals... lol

2010 May 1
MA Cuisine has a scale that measures to the 1/10th of a gram for your most expensive powders ;)

It's hand-held with a digital screen and it looks like a big scoop.

2010 May 1
Don't forget to buy the 9V battery so that you can actually use it! I guess it's off to the store for me again ;)

2010 May 3
LOL! I picked one up. NOW I can finally put to good use the 20 9V batteries I bought at Wal Mart during Boxing Day sale. Well, I guess the smoke detector counts.

2010 Oct 8
it is on sale again this week at crappy tire for $9.99

2010 Oct 9
I thought the "drug dealer" scale was those small little digital scales that look somewhat like a calculator.
Cross Town traffic might have those or maybe those stores on Rideau Street?

A couple of my friends have these,but no idea on the cost or where they got them from....

2010 Oct 9
A great source online is Digital Scales Canada, they have almost any kind of scale you could imagine.

www.canadianweigh.com