A Taste for Life [General]

2010 Apr 21
New to this site, but wanted to mention A Taste for Life. On Wednesday April 28, 2010 its A Taste for Life. On that evening 25% of your dinner bill - including alcohol, not taxes, will be donated to Bruce House and The Snowy Owl AIDS Foundation here in Ottawa. These two registered charities provide housing to people with AIDS, (BruceHouse) and education (Snowy Owl)I have been developing and organizing this event for 12 years.
This year 48 great restaurants are participating.
We have shared the idea and so it has spread across the province.
So if you would like to help our, simply go to the site - www.atasteforlife.org , pick a restaurant and go out for dinner on April 28th - one week from today!
For more info you can call Bruce House at 729-0911
Thanks all!

2010 Apr 22
Excellent, I participated last year and I will do so again this upcomming year.

2010 Apr 22
I'm participating too! It's a good feeling to know part of your bill goes to charity(s). A couple of my first choice restaurants were full already, so I booked at Trattoria Cafe Italia, which is my old stand by fave Italian on Preston. So if you've got a fave and you want to participate, better book soon as it looks like places are filling up for both early and late seatings.

2010 Apr 26
*bump* Be sure to attend!

2010 Apr 27
Me again! A Taste for Life is tomorrow!! Wednesday....
Thyme and Again are doing a special dinner in their upstairs (new) dining room- multi-course-local lamb- should be delish. The menu is at www.thymeandagain.ca or through www.atasteforlife.org.

There are still seats available at many spots. Try Cafe Paradiso on Bank or Kasbah Village on Laurier. The Glen Scotish Pub in Kanata (GREAT Fish & Chips) has availability as does Le Saint O on St. Laurent in Manor Park.

For more info - call us at Bruce House at 613-729-0911

2010 Apr 29
THANK YOU OTTAWA! We had close to 4000 diners out for A Taste for Life. Almost every one of the 48 retaurants were filled to capacity. We hope everyone will continue to log on to the Taste Web site www.atasteforlife.org in order to pick restaurants to try. These 48 are all donating 25% of last nights dinner receipts two people in Ottawa living with HIV and AIDS. We encorage everyone to support these great community minded restaurants. We anticipate that this one evening will exceed 100K! BTW - Our group had a fantastic dinner at Les Fougeres.