Ready made dough [General]

2007 Mar 19
I need help! Where can I buy good quality ready made pizza dough and pastry dough? Thanks!

2007 Mar 19
lots of places I can think of, but most places it's frozen

Parma Ravioli

Harvest Loaf

are two just off the top of my head.

2007 Mar 19
btw, it's easy as heck to make. or just use flat bread and make thin crust pizza. that's what we've come to prefer

2007 Mar 20
Some pizza places will sell you some of theirs, it's always worthwhile to ask at places in your neighbourhood, a 1 lb ball of dough is enough to make a medium pizza,
Or...this is a really easy dough to make.
Pizza Dough

Bread flour 500g
water 325 ml
yeast, dry instant 20g
salt 10g
oil 40g

Throw it all in a mixer bowl and mix on first speed with a hook. If you aren't using bread flour you might want to hold back a little of the water as weaker flours don't absorb as much flour as stronger ones.

Once it comes together mix briefly on 2nd until the surface of the dough appears smooth then put a small amount of oil in the bowl, turn the dough to coat lightly and replace in bowl. Cover. (I cut up the side of a clean bread or milk bag and tie it on to make a little "hat" for the dough.)

Let proof for 45 minutes at room temp or all day in the refrigerator (this gives better results, I mix the dough before leaving for work and use it when I come home). This recipe will make enough for 2 medium pizzas.

2007 Mar 22
I don't know if they still do, but Buns Master (now at Bank and Heron) used to sell frozen pizza dough and pie shells.

2007 Mar 24
Wow! So many new foodies have joined since last time I logged on.

Question: Any recipe to share to make the pizza sauce on top of the pizza dough? I think it will taste great for home-made pizza. Now that I have the recipe to make fresh pizza dough from Mousseline, I need the home-made recipe to make pizza sauce.

2007 Mar 24
I just use tomato paste and get the spicing from my favorite sliced meat. Works really well.

2007 Mar 24
I take a can of tomato paste and thin it with water/red wine until it's the right consistency (usually until it's about 2 cups) and then I add oregano (1 tsp), basil (0.5 tsp), garlic (a clove or two crushed), hot pepper flakes (0.5 tsp) and salt (0.5-1 tsp).

2007 Mar 24
I do something similar, except I use tomato sauce and also add quite a bit of olive oil (with the same seasoning as Mers). Spread on very thinly.

2007 Mar 26
My favourite base is caramelized red onions. Brush the crust first with olive oil, then I put grilled chicken, fresh chopped herbs (whatever you have) - I like taragon, italian parsley, oregano, basil - a little mozarella and a few chunks of goat cheese.

You should try it...