Bagels [Food/Vendor]

2010 Apr 20
Trying to establish which is the best bagel is like asking 10 people for an opinion and receiving 11 opinions! For my money, Kettleman's is the best bet in Ottawa.

2010 Apr 20
I think it depends on which Kettleman's you're referring to, the one on Bank St is very good, but I find the one on Carling isn't quite the same for some reason... and then there's the bagels they sell in grocery stores, which are again slightly different than what you'd get in store. I can't put my finger on it. At the end of the day, I still prefer the Ottawa Bagelshop on Wellington.

2010 Apr 20
Like I said, there is nothing more subjective than which is the best bagel. I find Kettleman's bagels much more flavorful than Ottawa Bagelshop. Whatcha gonna do?

2010 Apr 21
I grew up in Montreal, which makes me a bagel expert, of course ;-)

Kettleman's are the best bagels I've tasted in Ottawa so far. Worth a trip into town to buy them fresh from the oven.

2010 Apr 21
Kettleman's are best fresh at 2:30am, toasted with butter, and a side of chocolate milk ;-)

2010 Apr 21
i prefer kettleman's too (but also <3<3 ottawa bagelshop). nothing beats kettleman's pumpernickel bagels though

2010 Apr 21
I've only been to the Kettleman's at Carling and Woodroffe and I found that the density of their bagels didn't seem right to me for a Montreal bagel. The Bagel Shop is my go-to place. The Bagel Run in Orleans is excellent too; just as good as the Bagel Shop in my mind, but I don't live in Orleans so I don't end up there too often.

2010 Apr 21
My own personal breakfast of champions is a toasted Kettleman's sesame bagel with light peanut butter (I know many will cringe at the thought of non-health-food-store AND "light" PB, but I can't give the stuff up) and a big honkin' scalding Americano.

2010 Apr 22
i'm with you Saurian...although I do prefer junky PB like Kraft or Skippy over the natural kinds, but thats another thread and topic.

2010 Apr 22
Haha! Yep, just elaborated on that in your new thread.