Where to buy fish? [General]

2010 Apr 5
Can anyone recommend a store which sells "good tuna" in Ottawa? I'm switching over to an eat-clean diet...haven't purchased tuna to make at home before!

2010 Apr 5
What an eat-clean diet?

2010 Apr 5
Lapointe, Whalesbone, Merivale Fish Market... etc. Loblaws even, Superstore, it depends what you're looking for. Cheap? Sustainable?

2010 Apr 8
The eat-clean diet is promoted by Tosca Reno. It reminds me very much of "food combining". You eat several small meals a day - once every few hours. You eat fruits, proteins and carbs that rev up your metabolism. It's really more of a lifestyle change than a diet (no cabbage soup)!

As far as what I'm looking for...just tasty, good-quality fish. I have never made fish at home before (unless you count fish sticks made in the toaster oven) so I would like to make sure I'm buying "the best".

Thank you for the suggestions!

2010 Apr 8
Not my thing but sounds neat... Anyways, going back to your original topic, I've generally be happy with the fish you can get at the counter at Market Fish... I am sure some people will disagree but I've never noticed a great difference of equality between the fish I get at the grocery store and what I get the fishmonger, well other than the price and selection...

2010 Apr 9
my first choice would be whalesbone fish supply. they will give you excellent advice on how to cook it.