Access your Wishlist by tag [Site]

2010 Mar 9
I just implemented a feature I've been wanting for a long time: Cross-referencing the Wishlist (and Favourites) with tags.

In other words, if you're in the Byward Market and you get a hankering for Japanese food, you can now determine which of your "To try" vendors have the "Byward Market" and "Japanese" tags.

To use this feature, just go to the "tags" page, select one or more tags and then click "Filter by Wishlist" (or "Filter by Favourites"). Like your Wishlist and Favourites, this capability only appears when you are signed in to your account.

2010 Mar 9
Oh, and zymurgist, another little enhancement just for you! ;-)

(Now you can more poignantly reminisce about Spätzle at Schnitzel House (JIJ Beer Garden) .)

2010 Mar 9
good stuff FF. the Wishlist is one feature i have never used on OF, though i suppose i should start because i'm really starting to lose track of places i want to visit.

re: new features - what's next in the hopper? :)

2010 Mar 9
re: new features, I'm chewing on some, but most of the cool ones (like location awareness and map integration, UI improvements) require too much time in the short or long term for me to delve into right now.

I'd love to rework the look a little and bring it up to date (it's been over 3 years) but I kind of uh... don't like doing web development and user interfaces in general so I keep putting it off. :-)

2010 Mar 10
Ha! That's terrific FF! As soon as I saw your first post the first sarchastic thought in my head was "yeah, OK, that is great, but when are you going to get rid of this 'vendor xyz' nonsense!!!"

Thanks!

2010 Mar 10
Fresh Foodie Thank you for that! When I am sightseeing around Ottawa I often like to tie in a visit to a new restaurant/grocery store in the area and I found it cumbersome to sort through my (very long) wish list to find places in the neighbourhood. This new feature is definitely helpful.

2010 Mar 10
That's a great feature, FF! Thanks.

2010 Mar 10
i didn't even notice that vendor/food tag change until i read your message again today FF. that's a good one. thanks! is it username Food&Think who rants about "blind links" all the time? this is sure to appease. lol.

2010 Mar 10
Now the wishlist option has become actually usable, so I'll start using it. :) Thank you!

2010 Mar 10
Another nifty thing: now you can just copy and paste the ottawafoodies.com URL for a vendor/food/user/forum into your message and it will be automatically converted to the proper form when you submit...

2010 Mar 10
Hey, that's another one I suggested isn't it?

Thanks!

Forum - Access your Wishlist by tag