burrito burracho [General]

2010 Mar 7
anybody go here yet?

2010 Mar 9
In case you are not familiar with this place (as I wasn't), I'll save you from looking it up too.

Burrito Borracho
105A Clarence St.
Ottawa, ON K1N 5P5
(613) 889-0762

Since it is so close to home, I may walk by check it out. Thanks for the heads up Oren Mazor.

2010 Mar 9
is this place even open yet? i just walked by today and the doors are all papered up...

2010 Mar 9
I'll have to scope this place out... always on the lookout for messican treats.

2010 Mar 9
i'm still cheesed the OP made me walk down to the market from my office to scope this out.

burritos on the mind...

messican lol

2010 Mar 26
Was walking through the market and noticed that this is now Open. Having lived in Cali and frequented the little mom-and-pop burrito shops as well as the fast casual Mexican food chains like Baja Fresh, Chipotle and Qdoba, I have been yearning for more burrito choices in Ottawa.

Went in and ordered a 12" Burrito de Pollo. $10+ with tax, ouch! I guess with the dollars at parity I was expecting less difference in price but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore. Plus it did include an unnecessary small salad, which I could have done wihout, if that meant a lower price tag.

That being said, it was a decent burrito with fresh toppings, although in comparison to the U.S. chains (I know, apples-to-oranges, although I hear there's a Chipotle now in Toronto) the portions erred towards the small side. I will definitely go back, but when a shawarma is five bucks, it will only be when I'm absolutely craving Mexican food...

Cheers

2010 Mar 31
If only Burrito Boyz would open a location in Ottawa (www.burritoboyz.ca/). Mmmm burrito-y goodness.

2010 Mar 31
eff that. we need some entrepreneurial Mexicans to blow everything out of the water here in o-town... the next chain that comes here SHOULD be Chronic Tacos:
www.eatchronictacos.com

2010 Mar 31
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA is that the place owned by Wee Man from Jackass? i just read about that recently.

halibut burrito @ Burrito Boyz = crucial