continuation to veggie burgers>>>hot dogs [General]

2010 Feb 22
still haven't found a good veggie dog?
anybody?

2010 Feb 22
Are you looking specifically for a "hot dog" format or are you open to a "veggie sausage"? The Tofurkey brats are pretty decent in flavour, but I've never tried their "hot dogs". :) (www.tofurky.com)

2010 Feb 24
I'm partial to the Yves VEGGY dogs (note: NOT the tofu dogs). They are esp. good on the BBQ or pan fried in a bit of butter (or oil if vegan) until the outside is browned.

2010 Feb 25
I second the yves one's. I made beans and weiners the other day with em they were delicious!

2010 Feb 28
Boy, I do my own stuff. Yves is only ok IMO. Check out the sodium content. Why not make your own. For incredibly basic stuff just go on line-a can of beans (preferably unsalted! stuff + extras seasoning = yummy.) And you may be inspired if you look at Yves ingredients! If you do not recognize an ingredient, don't eat it--or at the least look it up. And I'm not anti Yves--just trying to be healthy.

2010 Mar 1
i've never heard of making your own veggie dogs, that is new to me!

i find all veggie dogs the same - salty and bland. veggie sausage are just bigger and saltier. i think the purpose of the veggie dog is to act as a vehicle for awesome toppings. if you have the right condiments, it doesn't matter what kind of dog you use.

note, some veggie dogs are really small, so look for the longer dogs if you want to use a traditional hot dog bun.