Where do you shop for your FAV. Hot sauces? [General]

2010 Feb 18

2010 Feb 18
I don't know if its a hot sauce but I am very happy to report you can get pickapeppa sauce @ metro (the one on March rd. in Kanata. Might be available in Ottawa but I am so impressed to have found this...at exorbitant price (about 3.99), we love this...

2010 Feb 18
I make my own

2010 Feb 19
Chilly Chiles has quite a selection if your looking for something in particular

2010 Feb 19
Grocery stores, @Home for small selection, The Cheddar Stop, Grace in the Kitchen, Ottawa Bagel...but mostly online.

2010 Feb 19
landsdowne farmer's market. i buy directly from the people that make it themselves. it's the only way to go.

2010 Feb 19
Good call! I'll have to check that out.

2010 Feb 19
I once bought from a Caribbean vendor at Carp farmer's market. He had a good variety of sauces. Agreed hipfunkyfun, farmer's markets have good sauces. I wouldn't say it's the only way to go, though.

2010 Feb 19
chef charlton's island spiced (one of our spud condiments)
Ottawa Farmers' Market, Lansdowne Park
www.islandspiced.com

Chamomile Desjardins (Carp Farmers' Market and sometimes at Ottawa Farmers' Market, Lansdowne Park)

Acorn Creek Garden Farm (Carp Farmers' Market and sometimes at Ottawa Farmers' Market, Lansdowne Park)
www.acorncreek.com

2010 Feb 20
bacon - i'm just not a fan of vinger heavy hot sauce and the majority of store bought ones seem to be just that. tons of vinegar and heat, but low on actual flavour. i love our locally made hot sauce selection in town. spud guy mentioned all of my fave's, but chamomile desjardins are top of the list.

i married into a family of hot sauce fanatics who spend time in the carribean and south america, so we have access to a huge variety of sauce and i still stick with local.

2010 Feb 22
Agreed hff, thanks. Anyway, I shouldn't have taken your post so literally. Besides, you sound like a hot sauce connoisseur (which I am not), so point taken. ; )

Cheers

PS Chamomile Desjardins rings a bell; I believe that is the one I bought at Carp market couple years back.