Tonight's Foodie Meetup at Urban Element [General]

2010 Feb 2
Anyone else going?

Looks like the (free) tickets are all gone at this point.

I'll be there!

2010 Feb 2
This is the first I heard of this - did it pop up on the boards before? Any details on the event?

2010 Feb 2
It is organised by Ron Eades. My wife saw it somewhere and pointed me at it. I did not want to say anything until I had my ticket secured - and looks like I got the last one!

ottawafoodbloggers.eventbrite.com

2010 Feb 2
Errr. Isn't Ron just speaking there? It's actually organized by the Chicken Farmers of Canada.

I'd have been interested in meeting local food bloggers...just not Mr. Eade.

2010 Feb 2
It was fun, and you are correct that Ron was speaking there. I have had a love/hate relationship with him for quite some time, and tonight that moved very firmly into the the "love" category, and certainly the "respect" category. I'll be writing more on my "food blog" (gawd I hate that term!), but it was great fun watching the chicken producers squirm while he harpooned THE CHICKEN INDUSTRY on humane and ethical practices! WOW! I was agog. He did turn it around at the end to make it all good - I don't recall just how at the moment but it was a nice little twist to wrap it up nicely without completely offending the hosts.

2010 Feb 2

I like how Ian Walker at Mariposa farms treats his chickens.......he has a radio playing CBC in his chicken coop (spelling?) It was hilarious