Best bet for dining in Mont Tremblant [General]

2010 Jan 28
Going to Tremblant tomorrow afternoon. If you have a restaurant you would recommend, please share. Thanks again!

2010 Jan 28
Our favourite place is on the north side of the mountain in Lac Superieur. It's called Restaurant Caribou and serves food with an emphasis on local ingredients. It can also be hard to get a reservation on short notice, so call ahead if you're interested (819-688-5201).

2010 Jan 28
Barb - The GOOD NEWS is there is a lot of good food to be found around the Mont Tremblant area, the BAD NEWS is it either is very expensive, or out of the way.

Finding good things at Tremblant Ski Village "on the mountain" is a bit of a challenge... we've however never been disappointed by Bullseye Saloon & Grill = www.bullseyetremblant.com but then again it is standard middle-of-the-road fare.

"The Man" enjoyed their steak, I was lip-smacking my way thru the ribs.

NOTE - Don't forget whenever planning a trip to check out the OF Travel Recommendations Wiki (you can click on the WIKI link at the top of any OF Page). You'll be able to see if any OF Members have been to the Destination you have in mind (and then contact them by PM for more info on the Recommendations they've listed)... there are currently 4 entries for the Mont Tremblant area.

2010 Jan 29
Thanks for the tips!

2010 Feb 1
Too late for the OP, but for anyone else looking for Tremblant suggestions:

La Petite Cachee is easily one of my favourite resto's in Canada right now. Relatively easy on the wallet for what you get (and for Tremblant). Great service. Good wine list.

It's about a 5 minute drive from the village.
www.petitecachee.com

2011 Feb 27
did a 2-day ski-cation to Tremblant this past week. Didn't make it out of the new village and for that lack of effort, paid a hefty premium on mediocre coffee, onion soups, muffins and the like.

But, for benefit of any other MT newbies and/or families on a budget heading there, I'll say that partner and I enjoyed Pizzatéria. Given its central (middle of strip) location, we found it reasonable, comparable to Gatineau's Pizza'za (as an example) in quality and price. Service was v. personable. We split a veggie lasagna and their signature salad (both tasty and decent portioned) + 3 glasses of vino for approx $62. No comments on pizza (sorry Ken V.), but another couple departing as we mulled over the menu out front suggested it was good - they're in the $12-15 range.

Another "recommendation": top of the mountain cafeteria serves Quebec brews -St. Ambroise Pale Ale and Belle Gueule Rousse- at $4.75 a pint. Not bad considering the location / view. :-)

Finally, our splurge night was at Le Forge (the posh upstairs one, not the downstairs resto-pub). Partner had an excellent (in her opinion) salmon steak. My veg. pasta was HUGE but overall fairly mundane ... but hey, vegetarians in a steak house shouldn't toss stones and it well-satiated my caloric/carbo requirements for the next 12 hrs. Also, the wines were excellent.

2011 Feb 27
I was there with 2 teenaged sons this week. We wanted one dinner out and selected Creperie Catherine on the mountain. Our table gave us a perfect view of the crepes being made and the boys loved it. Its a bit of an old fashiond time warp, but fun and different from all the chains. (There really is a Catherine). Anything you can imagine can go in a crepe. They are about $12 each. One had a "pizza" crepe, the other a saussage, apple and cheese crepe. I had an order of escargot and a glass of wine. We shared a desert crepe - Pear William - crepe-pear=icegream and chocolate sauce. All the crepes were huge! Bill for 3 was $65.00/ tip extra/ That is about as good as it gets there! It was fun! Not haute but fresh and tasty. Would definately return!

2011 Feb 28
General Tremblant FYI - you can take the shuttle bus (i'm pretty sure it's free) from the Mountain into St-Jovite, which has a bunch of restaurants at generally less abusive prices.

Notably...

L'escalope at the top of the main street hill, is awesome (note BYO).

Sushi Taxi... forget what you may know of this Quebec sushi counter chain, this is a classy place that does solid Mtl-level sushi.

L'Eggspresse. Like Eggspectations, Cora's or TuttieFrutti. Only better.

Same goes for Tremblant Village - try Ital-deli for solid italian.

2011 Mar 3
There's a spot called Steak Frites that's right next to a Comfort Inn. About a 20 min drive from the hill, you can google for its exact location.

It's a low-cost trendy-looking steakhouse where you can get a 7oz. steak, salad, and bottomless frites for $23. Great value here-- it won't be the best steak you've ever had, but it's undoubtedly solid for the price.

It's a nice, good-looking place for a night out. Was really busy when we went-- you have to reserve in advance if you want to sit within 20 mins of arriving.

The menu is more or less steak or fish options-- nothing really for anyone looking for veg dishes. I'd recommend it as a solid spot-- though don't go and expect too much more than what the pricing indicates.