Lynne Crawford is Pitchin' In [General]

2010 Jan 4
For those of us Lynne Crawford fans her new show Pitchin' In premieres on the Food Network today: www.foodnetwork.ca

2010 Jan 4
i'll give it a shot :) it's airing before my guilty pleasure.. glutton for punishment.

2010 Feb 23
If anyone else is watching this show last night's episode featured Lynn foraging for mushrooms. It will be rebroadcast next Saturday at 6:00 pm on the Food Network.

2010 Feb 23
It's a pretty good new show. I like how she always seems to get way out of her comfort zone! She always seems to blow them away at the end as well. I'm sure Bob Blumer inspired her in some way.

2010 Feb 23
It's a pretty good new show. I like how she always seems to get way out of her comfort zone! She always seems to blow them away at the end as well. I'm sure Bob Blumer inspired her in some way.

2010 Feb 23
She is sort of annoying. I'm growing tired of the whole "lets get out of the kichen and explore the world" idea.

She is, nonetheless a great chef.

2010 Feb 25
I think the new show is fun. I enjoyed Chef Crawford on Restaurant Makeover and I'm happy to see she hasn't changed in her new program. I'll watch it, if not to get inspired to cook then just to laugh at her doing the heavy farm work ;)

2010 Feb 26
I have always had mixed feelings about Lynne Crawford and its certainly not her fault. I used to go to Toronto fairly regularly and at the time she was a chef at Truffles at the Four Seasons. In an advertisement I would see regularly, Four Seasons was billing Truffles as one of the great restaurants of the world. Interestingly, I think they were the only ones making that claim (in other words, I never saw an impartial observer make such a claim). From what I read it was an excellent restaurant, but I found the claim a bit too much to take.

Certainly this was not Lynne Crawford's fault. On restaurant makeover I did find her to be pretty good most of the time and she did not come with a lot of attitude which I appreciated. I have seen commercials for the new show but I long to get back to old style cooking shows like the Essence of Emeril (as opposed to Emeril Live) where there was more of an instructional focus. For me, the food network has become a little too much of an entertainment channel that happens to involve food.

Anway, my thoughts.

Cheers

2010 Feb 28
Just love the show. Very entertaining and Lynn has such a warm and welcoming personality with a sense of humor. I think too many chefs take themselves far too seriously. I have seen most segments thus far and hate to miss just one.
People tend to forget where their food comes from and I think it handles it well!

2010 Feb 28
I like Lynn better in this show than in restaurant makeover--she can be quite humble and definitely works hard ( I saw the cranberry and the fish boat episodes).