What's open today? [Food/Vendor]

2009 Dec 25
Any restaurants or grocery stores open downtown or nearby?

2009 Dec 25
Moltar - Under the Ontario Retail Business Holidays Act... you`ll find that Grocery Stores are closed... "some" convenience stores will be open, and some drugstores. A couple of years ago Shoppers Drugmart got "busted" for operating outside of the parameters of the law (they had their grocery sections open) so they have recently made the decision to avoid the hassle and just close most of their stores.

When it comes to Restaurants, most will be closed, including Fast Food. Best bet are the Restaurants at Large Hotels (ie Chateau Laurier, Westin, etc).

2009 Dec 31
For future reference, both Herb and Spice locations stay open on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving. They only close on New Year's Day.

2009 Dec 31
Mers, I could have sworn that when I went into the H&S at Wellington their sign said that they had been closed on Christmas Day.

Personally, I'd rather have them be closed on Christmas Day and have their regular hours on Boxing Day. I went looking for groceries on the 26th and discovered they had closed at 5.

F&T: You're right about fast food, aside from coffee shops. A handful of the Bridgeheads were open, as are most Starbuckses and Tim Horton's.

2009 Dec 31
Pretty much all the restaurants in Chinatown in the block just west of Bronson and Somerset were open. We had lunch at Yummi Sushi actually. It wasn't crowded just our table of 6, and a couple of others with couples.