Maldon flaky sea salt? [General]

2009 Dec 15
Hi there,

Where can I buy Maldon flaky sea salt? I'm downtown Ottawa and can also get out to the west and south ends easily.

Thanks!

2009 Dec 15
I'm pretty sure you can get it at La Bottega.

2009 Dec 15
Wonderful stuff - not cheap but a pack goes a long way.

You can definitely get it at "Grace in the Kitchen" on Bank St (just a bit further down than Lansdowne Park). I just picked some up there at the weekend (it's $9.99 a box).

I did see it somewhere else locally (maybe the Whalesbone on Kent) but it was more expensive. If anyone has seen it cheaper then please post.

Cheers,
Ratty.

2009 Dec 15
I found it at the Byward Fruit Market for $9.99. Thanks for the help everyone!

2009 Dec 15
Marvelous Mustard Shop on Sparks
9.50$ I think

2009 Dec 16
Also Ottawa Bagel Shop but this is a good thing to pu in the USA. I have gotten it (same size package) in the US for 5.99 a box. Last year I paid 11.99 somewhere for it. Yikes!! Anyway it is now on my US shopping list. I also got a box of Maldon Smoked flakes. Very nice.

2009 Dec 18
FnT - Great tip, I haven't checked, but if you haven't added it in the past to the US Shopping List Favourites topic www.ottawafoodies.com you really should. I know I and other OF Members like to refer to that list before heading off to points south of the border.

EDIT - Never mind, curiosity got the better of me... and I see that you did so last December. :-)

2013 Jun 20
I'm looking for this salt too! I notice the thread here is from 2009. Anyone bought some Maldon Flakes recently?

2013 Jun 20
I bought some lately (now gone, so I can't check where I bought it) but the likely spots are Grace in the Kitchen, Nicastro on Merivale Road and possibly Costco.

2013 Jun 20
byward fruit market, herb and spice on wellington has them i believe, whalesbone wholesale maybe.

2013 Jun 21
Ottawa Bagel Shop used to carry it... worth a phone call. Also, if you or a friend are heading across the border the major grocery stores often carry it and it is much cheaper there.

2013 Jun 21
Ottawa bagel shop has it and it's fairly reasonable there. They also sometimes have smoked maldon salt which is sublime

2013 Jun 21
Grace in the Kitchen carries it for sure...a 3lb bucket sells for close to 40 I think

2013 Jun 21
Can confirm that they still stock it at La Bottega in the market.

2013 Jul 7
We ended up finding it at Mrs. McGarrrigles in Merrickville. It was about $9.95 for the box. Next time, might go for the 3lb bucket at Grace in the Kitchen! Thanks for the tips!

2013 Jul 11
I bought some today at Grace in the Kitchen and it is on sale for $4.99. This is or a 240 gm. or 8.5 oz box of Maldon sea salt flakes.

2013 Jul 11
Is the Grace in the Kitchen on Bank Street still open? what are the chance that the Maldon sea salt flakes are on sale there as well?

2013 Jul 12
Unfortunately (since I live close by) the one on Bank moved about a year ago to the bigger digs on Hazeldean.