The Daring Kitchen [General]

2009 Nov 22
Has anyone participated in these challenges? I think it's a neat idea, but it would be more fun if other people I "knew" participated as well. Let me know if you're interested, I would love to have a Daring Kitchen buddy : )Here's the website if you're unfamiliar: thedaringkitchen.com

2009 Nov 25
I'd love to join, especially the daring bakers, but I haven't got a blog and don't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe we should start our own!

2009 Nov 25
Amusebouche - Thanks for posting the link to The Daring Kitchen... I can't recall who it is, but there is someone here on OF who is a member (think it is to Daring Bakers) the OF Member awhile back posted a link to their own blog with photos of one of the Challenges they completed... I found it quite interesting then, and more so now that I've had a chance to take a look at main website and get a bigger picture of how that foodie community works. Fascinating, unfortunately I'm not that great a cook, or that dedicated to trying something new monthly.

Travelicious - If you take a further look at The Daring Kitchen website, you'll discover that they have several members who don't have Blogs, they have a web page dedicated to Members without Blogs, where one can post their comments, pics etc. (kind of like how we do here on OF). So if you want to join, there is certainly a way to participate.

2009 Nov 25
F&T, I am part of the Daring bakers, I have to admit that I have not participated in a while. It's been busy... but will start soon. You are also right in that you don't need a blog to be a member, you just post your pics directly on the site... It's a great group, I really enjoy it.

Here are links to past challenges I did:

thedogthecatandeverythinginbetween.blogspot.com

2009 Nov 25
Thanks F&T-- I will look further into it and may join in December. I am more interested in baking, but will have a look at the kitchen one too.

I may see you and Amusebouche there!

2010 Feb 23
I have been a member of the Daring Bakers since December and really enjoyed the first 3 challenges. I have just joined the Daring Cooks, as I cannot live on dessert alone! If you are still interested in joining, I'd love the company!