Tim Tams [General]

2009 Nov 18
I generally just lurk, as having a six-week old baby means typing is usually done one-handed, and I never have anything so important to say that I'm willing to take the time to peck it out with one hand!
But... the baby is asleep, and I know from lurking that many of you harbour Tim Tam cravings so... when I was at the Orleans Wal-mart today (boo hiss...I know... but I was looking for toys) they had a large Tim Tam display. Original and Chewy Caramel varieties for $2.47. My fav is the chili chocolate (formative time spent in New Zealand) so I didn't get any.

2009 Nov 18
Have you tried doing a tim tam slam? :)

2009 Nov 19
I love Tim Tams and I love coffee, but when I tried the slam I quickly formed the opinion that each is better on its own. :-)

2009 Nov 19
Caramel is my personal fav. The chocolate ones just taste strange to me.

2009 Nov 29
I usually prefer the original ones. Probably because these were the first ones that I had ever tried. It would seem odd to me to just eat them without the "Slam".

2009 Nov 30
Does anyone know if Tim Tams are carried anywhere else? Every Wal-Mart in Ottawa is a bit out of the way for me, and a heck of a bike/bus ride :(

2009 Nov 30
Loblaws carries them. Not all locations but many of the larger ones. I thought I also remember seeing someone post that the Bay carried them, but not 100% sure. Definitely Loblaws though...that's where I buy them.

2009 Nov 30
The Bay carried them over the summer, I haven't been there in a few months so I can't speak to their existing inventory. They were located near the Godiva & Lindt Chocolates.

2009 Dec 29
I found some Tim Tams in the Superstore in Westboro. Only had the caramel flavour.
Over the past while, I have stopped eating processed foods completely.. so these lovely Tim Tams tasted so chemically to me. A nice little treat to say the least though!

2009 Dec 30
My brother in law came back from Australia for the Christmas holidays and brought back some Aussie goodies, Tim Tams included. I'll be trying them shortly.

2010 Jan 4
I have never eaten Tim Tams, but I saw some at the Loblaws at College Square yesterday and thought about you guys and your weird obsession with the things :P

2010 Jan 4
Cait - "Obsession" lol, that might be an understatement... besides the OF Food entry Tim Tam there also 3 Forum Topics (that I know of) dedicated to the topic:

Australian Foods Available in Ottawa = www.ottawafoodies.com
Where Can Someone Score Some Tim Tams = www.ottawafoodies.com
and now this one
Tim Tams = www.ottawafoodies.com