Top Chef...Does anyone watch? [General]

2009 Oct 30
I have to say that I have a serious addiction to the food network. I've seen Hells Kitchen and it's all about Gordon Ramsay and how many swear words he can unleash at the less than stellar contestants, but this season of Top Chef is really interesting! You have some quality talent, some of the chefs have been James Beard nominees, and the challenges are interesting. I'm so addicted! Does anyone else watch? Kevin is my favourite, I think he's going to win it : )

2009 Oct 30
I haven't seen Top Chef but I do enjoy watching No Reservations. Admittedly I have only seen a couple of episodes but Anthony Bourdain focusses on a different city in each episode and he focusses alot on local foods, restaurants, etc. I'd have to agree with the Gordon Ramsey statement. I have also seen Hell's Kitchen in addition to the F Word and Restaurant Nightmares. Less swearing in the other two shows but it's all about Gordon.

2009 Oct 30
Top chef definately kicks ass...so many great chefs this year....and i totally think redbeard will take it,,,such a good cook....

2009 Nov 2
Big fan of Top Chef here, watched all seasons plus Masters.

I also really like Kevin this season but who knows, there's been a few questionable winners in the past...

2009 Nov 2
I don't get the show with my basic Rogers package.... and the website also does not allow Cdn viewing. really sucks!
anyone know of a loophole?

2009 Nov 2
Chiefie...try youtube "top chef season 6 episode 1 part 1" See if you can get them, found a couple.

Top chef this season is really good.....Kevin, the brothers, and Jen should be the top 4....the other Michael is good too..but not top 4. I think Kevin will win it aswell.

Not a big fan of Hells Kitchen.....not good chefs, not about the food...just Ramsay being Ramsay

2009 Nov 2
there's this little web site call piratebay.com Pointers at these files called "torrents" are listed and when you have the torrent, you can download from your peers, with the appropriate software. You didn't hear it here and I would never use such a service, even if there was not other way to watch the astounding Top Chef Masters series - not available in Canada - nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

2009 Nov 2
Like sourdough I would never use such a website ;) but if you don't want to deal with torrents try:

surfthechannel.com/show/3537.html (just add www. before, for some reason the automatic hyperlinking won't let me type the whole link).

The final four should be Kevin, Jennifer and the brothers, but someone weaker always manages to sneak into the final so you never know.

2009 Nov 2
If Robin makes the final four... i'll lose my shit!!

2009 Nov 2
Love this show and Kevin or the brothers should win for
sure. Also watch Chopped on foodnetwork.

2009 Nov 2
Chiefie,
You could also add the Food Network onto your basic Rogers cable. I have the basic Rogers cable and I asked them if I could add the Food Network as a channel by itself.

Hope it helps!

I'm hoping Jen and the brothers make it to the finale.

2009 Nov 2
This years top chef has been a blast. I love the fact that it's in Vegas and I just came back from there. We ate at Joel Robuchon's very same restaurant where the episode 5(?) challenge took place. You can even see our table in the corner when they're being seated. We met Joel Robuchon and spoke a little french with him.

We ate there after seeing it on top chef and also hearing about Joel Robuchon via other chefs.

Great show. It's between Kevin and Michael. I think that it'll be very close.

2009 Nov 3
I am also a Food Network freak. It's my go-to channel. I don't actually religiously follow Top Chef but have watched so many episodes of I don't know how many seasons. Sometimes FN has a TC marathon on the weekends so I end up watching episode after episode. Love the Quick Fire challenges. Care less about the judging but usually end up watching the show from beginning to end.

2009 Nov 3
Chiefie - The Mad Scientist is right, you could add any one channel to your basic line-up... it used to cost around $ 5 per channel to do that without buying the upgrade to the next level that would include the channel that you are looking for... $ 5 a month is much better than say a $ 20 jump to the next level. Overall, Rogers is ok with it, because they are making a fair bit of money in these small increments. Can't find the info on-line (Gosh, how I hate Rogers... they call themselves a "Communications" Company, but their Website and Phone service is sooooo NOT User Friendly)... so for more info you'll probably have to call them (oh ya yippee, sit on HOLD for an eternity). But if it something you are interested in, it could be worth the hassle.

2009 Nov 3
Chiefie and Food&Think:

The first channel is $2.79 and after that $2.69 per channel.

2009 Nov 3
Mad Scientist - Thanks for looking that up... wow at "about" $ 3.00 per month per channel, it seems like a bargain for anyone who just wants to add one specialty option like the Food Network.

2009 Nov 4
I love TOP CHEF and watched all the seasons. I agree that Kevin is on good path to win! I think the younger brother is starting to get a bit to egotistical for his own good.

I will also throw out there that I think Stefan should have won last season!

Also I 'think' I saw that TOP CHEF Masters is coming to food network, but dont quote me!

2009 Nov 4
Sadie - The reason you can't see the whole link is because the OF site is designed (nicely I might add) to foreshorten the "appearance" of extra long links... so that only the root appears... but the whole link does work... So in the one you've referenced it would be www.surfthechannel.com (click on it to check it out).

As an aside (because it doesn't directly apply to your example).... this is another reason, why I always ask that when someone puts up a link that they ensure it is not a blind link... and give the OF Reader a bit more info... citizen.com doesn't tell me a thing... I want to know where I am going, and who's column I am going to be looking at... same with Sadie ... it would be nice to know which OF Member (Food, Vendor or Forum Topic) is being referenced, without having to click thru. Ok I'm off the soap-box.

2009 Nov 5
F&T - thanks for the info, that's why I thought the link wasn't working! It was driving me crazy so I eventually gave up and cut the link. I did think however that it was clear that I was linking to a source for viewing episodes of Top Chef online as Chefie had asked for. I didn't think it was necessary to post a summary of the site, if you don't want to click on it, don't click on it.

2009 Nov 6
ya, I'm definitely hooked to Top Chef. Go Kevin go! He deserves to win on all fronts. Especially liked the pig tatoo thang. The Food Network is on probably close to half of the time in my home.

2009 Nov 10
Top Chef rocks - have seen all seasons plus Masters also. Robin needs to go though...haven't watched this weeks yet though...

The brothers - although their personalities do suck somtimes. Favourites are Jen and Kevin.

Good season so far. I am a tv junkie and Top Chef ranks #1! :-)

2009 Nov 10
Kevin rocked again last night. He has to be the winner as he is consistant all the time.

2009 Nov 11
I can't believe that Robin is STILL there! Craziness! Not only has she consistently been in the bottom 3, but she's a freaking vegetarian. *Shakes head* I have to say that I love me some red beard. I truly hope Kevin wins. Jen's performance saddens me. She's letting the pressure get to her. She's a fantastic chef, and she should be doing better than she is. The brothers need to grow up...enough with the sibling rivalry already : P Overall, this season is one of the most entertaining I've seen, and it's only going to get better!!!

2009 Nov 11
Go Kevin! Robin is only on for ratings at this point!

2009 Nov 12
Barb~ Same here. *G* My children know the chefs by name and get excited when they see their favourites and when they see the same knives I use. I have foodie children. LOL

2009 Nov 12
I like the premise of this show but my second hand embarrassment for the people he berates is too strong for me to watch :P

2009 Nov 12
Cait - I think you're getting Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen confused. Top Chef is a million times better, not liking HK is completely understandable.

2009 Nov 12
Jen's hanging on by a thread with her previous strong showings. The final three's gotta be Michael, Bryan and Kevin.

It's a battle between Jen and Eli next week, I think.

This season is definitely a great one! :D

2009 Nov 18
Robin is FINALLY gone! It was painful to watch her because it was so obvious that she was not even close to the same calibre as the other chefs. I do think it's appalling how Michael treated her though, there's no reason to be mean in any competition, especially when you're on top! Methinks that Michael needs an ego check. I REALLY hope he doesn't win the title. What would be really entertaining is a Kevin/Brian cook off. That would be awesome! Jen looks like she's continuing on her downward spiral, and Eli is hit an miss. God, I LOVE this show! What are your thoughts? Who will be the final two?

2009 Nov 18
I concur however feel that the producers will take over - like Season 4 - final contestants Marcel and Stephen when there were other chefs who were more talented - but Marcel was a bit of an ass, so it made better tv.

I hope you get your wish - Michael and his ego need to go. Even though Robin is not as good a cook as he is, he was very nasty to her during restaurant wars.

Karma baby...

Final two - Bryan and Kevin :-)

2009 Nov 18
Kevin - definitely (and I think he will win). I think Brian will be his other competition.

Since the show is delayed in Canada - you can get the latest recaps on the Bravo.com web site - for those who post here *PLEASE DON'T PLAY SPOILER*

I really wish we could be sync'd up on the same time line like last season.

2009 Nov 24
Was episode 12 not one of the best ones yet? Kevin pulls it out AGAIN! I'm beginning to think he can do no wrong, at least he can't in my eyes ; ) I love him! He seems like a genuinely nice person, the type that you'd want to have a beer with. I truly hope he wins. As for Michael, can he get any more arrogant? Seriously! I'm really getting tired of his ego. I love how he got put in his place by Kevin's win. I like the fact that I learn something new from this show. I had never even heard of the Bocuse D'or before...DH kept thinking they were saying beaucoup d'or LOL! Next to go will be Jen unless she can keep up her performance from this week. I can't WAIT for the finale!!!!

2011 Apr 11
Offer: I have Top Chef Season's 1 through 8, Top Chef Masters 1 and 2 and Top Chef Just Deserts Season 1 on my computer. If you'd like to catch up and/or watch them for the first time I'm offering to share. Bring an external hard drive and I'll make the transfer. I am located very close to the Byward Market. Please PM me and we can arrange a time and directions. Also if there are any other Food TV shows you're interested in, just ask, I may have them too.

2011 Apr 11
Some episodes are available on the Food Network Canada website.. I watched the season finale of Top Chef All Stars this weekend. Not the greatest quality video, but it does the job.

2011 Apr 11
i get all the top chef masters etc. off this online website which allows you to download (free of charge)

eztv.it/

2011 Apr 11
Does anyone know if Come Dine With Me Canada is available online? I missed 2 of the episode arcs and W doesn't appear to be re-running them at the moment. I loved the shows that I saw. Great series, despite most of the food being a turn-off. ;)