Over-indulgence [Site]

2009 Oct 28
October 28, 2009

As a new user, I searched the website for the term "gluttony", and surprisingly there were no items retrieved.

New user 2201

2009 Oct 28
Welcome New User 2201. I'm glad you didn't get the name New User 2199, because everyone hated that user... As for gluttony... are you kidding? We're Canadian, so gluttony is much less likely to show up, than say arrogance. ( Searching the word arrogant gets you many hits ;-) )

2009 Oct 28
Further to Pete's point, there are a variety of search terms that you could use for 'gluttony', including piggishness (mmmm. pig), over-indulgence (as you indicated), and overfed.

It also depends on the definition of glutton you were looking for and how politicized you want it to be.

Were you looking for the glutton, the man who has the large beer belly and isn't concerned with eating a bag of potato chips for breakfast (Hi, meet my father!)?

Were you looking for the glutton, as in the gourmand, the individual who prides themselves on living the high life and won't take less than the best (You may be better off looking to 15th and 16th century royals, if you ask me)?

or

Were you looking for the gutton, as in the individual who gulps down their food so quickly as to get hiccups; she is known as the most hiccupy person in the city (Hi, that's me...but not because of gluttonous tendencies when I'm eating. I just get the hiccups by nature)?

Point being, yes we are arrogant. But there are also several definitions of gluttony, which is in and of itself a word that isn't often used in common speech. Your pickings are slim, but depending upon the context you wanted, there are other ways to find it. ;)

(PS: Pete Closing the parantheses when you have an emoticon makes it look like your winking face has a double chin; way to be a glutton!)

2009 Oct 28
Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sin, isn't it?
I remember watching the movie "SEVEN" and there was an obese man who was forced to eat until his stomach exploded.I love Kevin Spacey:) He was so good in that movie.
I think being a foodie doesn't mean being a glutton.
I define myself as a foodie, and I usually look for quality,not quantity.

2009 Oct 28
Just to be clear, I was totally joking about New User 2199.. and just randomly picked that number. (Sorry Betsy)

Perhaps New User 2201 would like to start a site? It looks like gluttony.ca is still available!

2009 Oct 28
?? WTF ??

(When They Find-ya) -------->