Source for quinces in Ottawa? [General]

2009 Oct 27
Does anyone know where to get quinces in or near to Ottawa? Thanks.

2009 Oct 27
You can occasionally find them at Produce Depot when they're in season.

2009 Oct 27
You might try Acorn Creek garden farm. I know that they have a few trees on the property, but don't know if they sell them or just use them for Cindy's line of home canned goods.

2009 Oct 27
I once saw quinces at the Byward Fruit Market. They are good about answering questions and ordering in specialty items. The owners are phenomenal people. You may want to stop by or give them a call, I am sure they would be happy to help.

2009 Oct 28
Right now at produce depot. $1.99 EACH
Hope your not planning to stock up! lol

2009 Oct 28
The vendor from Niagara at the Lansdowne Farmers' Market has had quinces for the last 2-3 weeks.

2009 Oct 30
At those prices, you are better off buying quince compote in a jar. The Turkish ones are best, with thick slices of quince in syrup. The Turtamek brand labels it as Ayva Receli. I've just returned from an Air France flight from Paris where they served apple sauce with quince...the fragrance from the quince was intoxicating and really lifted boring apple sauce to a whole new level.

2014 Oct 16
We just picked a smallish container of quince fruit from a bush in front of our house. Does anyone know if that would be enough to make a decent amount of jam? I'd say it would probably be 3 cups once seeded/peeled/whatever you have to do to it.

I have to agree with the above: the fragrance really is quite intoxicating. They're just sitting in a plastic container and the whole kitchen smells like them.