Looking for a restaurant [General]

2009 Oct 3
are there any good places to eat around the Hunt Club & Riverside area?

2009 Oct 3
You can go to "tags" under the banner above and search.
Here's Hunt Club: ottawafoodies.com/tag/76
A restaurant with a high(er) number in the square brackets may be your best bet...and reading the attached comments too.

2009 Oct 3
User 2146 - IMO, not much pickings in this area of the city. Two of the biggies though would have to be:

Vittoria Trattoria - Vittoria Trattoria
The Keg (Hunt Club) - The Keg

Both are currently ranked on OF at 3 Thumbs Up... not a fantastic rating, but on the other hand, head-and-shoulders above the rest in the vicinity. I can personally vouch for The Keg (Hunt Club) had a good experience here about a year ago... you'll find my Review on the relative OF Vendor Page.

2009 Oct 4
User 2146- I live in the area and there is not much. I'v been to Vittoria Trattoria. I would pass on that one. The Keg is ok. If you can drive a bit south Manotick has the Black Dog it's good. Mr. B's on Bank is ok. Kallisto is a new Greek place on Bank beside Farm Boy as well but I haven't been yet.

2009 Oct 4
Good is a subjective term. Obviously, we all have our own opinions here, which is part of the awesomeness of the site.

The tag function is very useful. I can vouch for Black Dog. Keg. Kallisto I wasn't crazy about, but I haven't written my review yet (note to self).

2009 Oct 4
LOL, if we are going to put Manotick into the mix (hardly "in the neighbourhood" as it is about 25 Kms south) then things change drastically. Manotick is coming on strong these days with both some old favourites and some worthwhile newbies:
Oggi's - Oggi Restaurant
Paesano's - Paesano
Black Dog - Black Dog

and Newcomers...
Main Street Cellar - Main Street Cellar
La Piazza

And then again on the outskirts... still farther south

Kelly's Landing - Kelly's Landing
Swan on the Rideau

Some of the "oldies" are a little tired... but some of the newcomers are finding a real "niche" in this growing community.

Current favourites of "The Man" and I are Black Dog, Main Street Cellar Wine Bar, La Piazza, and Kelly's Landing (when the weather is great).

2009 Oct 6
I suggest Napo Restaurant on Bank Street: cozy, slow food style, good wine list(Canada and Italy).
napofood.ca/