Taste of Wellington Today [General]

2009 Sep 26
Just a reminder. I don't really know how it works, but I saw people setting up for it when I was out and about around 8am. I think all the restaurants set up on Wellington but don't know if it is free samples or what.

2009 Sep 26
It's a little different this year, the BIA is selling tickets ($5?)for a button.
Once you buy your button you can stroll Wellington street for free snacks...

It starts @ 1:30 & ends @ 3:30, personally I would rather see more of a festival for the entire weekend with bands, buskers & outdoor food/drink venues...

2009 Sep 26
I will check it out, there are a few places I've been curious to try but haven't yet (the Persian restaurant in particular).

2009 Sep 26
The fish tacos at Allium and the fish cakes at Canvas were really great...

2009 Sep 26
I heard Canvas had lobster mac n cheese as well.

It was a really cool experience. I think you could be really organized about it, but we just wandered form vendor to vendor. The highlight was definitely Absinthe's burgers, which were a good size and had lots of great topping options. And, we tried Emerald Bakery for the first time.

Om nom.

2009 Sep 27
The DIY burgers at Absinthe were awesome. Fish taco was good. What food was left at Khatoun was interesting. The pulled pork from Wellington Gastropub was good. All around, an interesting event... I hope the local food bank raked in some sizable donations.