Caribbean Flavors building Fire! [Food/Vendor]

2007 Mar 7
The fire took place early this morning. No report yet on the amount of damage but by the looks of those photos I'd say the restaurant will be closed for a while.

www.canada.com

2007 Mar 7
That's awful. I've only been once, but it was great. My wife and I were talking just last week about going back.

2007 Mar 7
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

2007 Mar 7
According to a contact at The Wine Exchange across the street, the entire building has already been torn down.

2007 Mar 7
Aw man, that's a drag. I'm glad no one was injured, and I hope he can reopen soon. The food there was fantastic.

2007 Mar 7
Terrible news...I hope the owner gets things up and running again soon.

My one and only time at Carribean Flavours was a huge disappointment.....mainly because I didn't get any food!

I wandered in at 1:00 pm or so on a weekday and found the restaurant completely empty. After looking around at everything, reading ALL the articles on the wall, and calling "Hello...anyone here?" for about 10 minutes I decided that whoever was working wasn't coming back from the storage room or wherever they were in any hurry. So I left, hungry, disappointed and intending to come back another time. That was 3 years ago so I must be a terrible procrastinator!

2007 Mar 8
This news made me so sad this morning. Though I think the owner took particular pride it burning the tastebuds off of customers that asked for mild roti, the food was still delicious.

This past weekend we decided to make roti instead of going to the restaurant. I'm hugely disappointed we didn't go. I sincerely hope they'll be back.

2007 Mar 9
Caribbean Flavours to rise to the ashes to burn your tastebuds off... on Saturday, March 10! Anniversary buffet to be hosted by Roasted Cherry!

See link below:

www.canada.com

PS i don't know how to get this link to work...

2007 Mar 10
The link works!

That's fantastic! Are you going? I wish I could but I have other plans...maybe I can convince my friend to drop by there. I'll be sad to miss it.

That is sooo cool of Roasted Cherry to offer their facilities - gives me a warm shiver.

Great News - thanks for posting it!

Edit Next day: did anyone go?

2007 Mar 22
I do hope he reopens. I was supposed to go with friends the week before, but we changed our minds at the last minute. I'd love to try his food after all the great things I've heard here.

2007 Jun 6
Rumor has is they are back open for business! New digs at 1659 Carling.

2007 Jun 6
This is fabulous news!

2007 Jun 6
Awesome! I cloned FiH's announcement to the Carribean Flavours page and marked it as back in business. I also added their website, which I didn't have before. Caribbean Flavours

2007 Jun 10
FYI - Got take-out from here tonight so it is definitely back open. As good and as spicy as ever MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!!! I can't it recommend enough. YUM!