Help finding restaurant with privacy [General]

2009 Sep 16
Can anyone recall a restaurant in the city that has booths or seating that allow for a private conversation without everyone hearing it?

You input is appreciated.

2009 Sep 16
what time of day would you be going out? that would help in picking a place that might be quiet or noisy.

pub italia has lots of booths and nooks and crannies. they have the confessional, which is off the bar, but has high walls and a door that closes. you press a button to get the attention of a waitress.

if you are planning on going somewhere during dinner time, you could call any restaurant ahead and explain that you need a private corner.

if you really want privacy, then going out to a public restaurant is not going to be your best bet.

2009 Sep 16
Oh yes, I totally forgot about The Confessional! Thanks!

Evening dinner.

2009 Sep 16
The Heart & Crown downtown also has a 'snug' ( booth with walls and a door ). Otherwise, I can remember having many memorable pseudo private (romantic) conversations at Vineyards in the Market. The dark grotto-like atmosphere give you at least the aura of privacy, if not the reality. If you are looking for upscale, and can choose your night, any of the better restaurants should be willing to give you an isolated table, on a night that is not too busy ( think Juniper.. very classy ). Of course, if your private conversation is likely to end in a shouting match, I take back my Juniper recommendation... ;-)

2009 Sep 16
Sounds like someone's getting dumped... just kidding! I would also recommend Pub Italia.

2009 Sep 16
Chimichimi: Yeah that's my style, make him pay for dinner then dump his ass! lol.

Thanks for the rec!

2009 Sep 17
Haha.. nice!

My suggestion was going to be any of the Japanese restaurants that have tatami rooms. Quiet and private. As long as nobody yells "WHAAAASSSSUP-bee!" when the wasabi arrives...

2009 Sep 19
Clocktower on Bank has HUGE booths( for like 6or so people) that are like little alcoves(sp?). They are really tall, so I imagine the conversation would be fairly contained.

2009 Sep 30
The Wellington gastropub has a private room (windows to the street) on the main floor which seats 8-10, I think.