Source for 1.5L mason jars [General]

2009 Aug 29
Anyone seen them recently?

I checked Canadian Tire on Carling and they did not - though I am pretty sure that is where I've gotten them before. I don't think I've ever seen them at Loblaw / Superstore. Speaking of which actually, many locations have their mason jars on for half price right now - my wife cleaned out Carlingwood the other night :-)

2009 Aug 29
Depends on how many you need, Zym. Michaels has some, but they're about $8 a piece....we used three of them for the wedding (and collected lots of other jars) for centerpieces.

2009 Aug 29
Oi! Definitely not going to pay 8 bucks each for them!

Looking for a couple of dozen

2009 Aug 29
$8 each?! are you sure that's not for a 4-pack or something. that's absurd!

check out Home Hardware

2009 Aug 29
I'm looking for 250 ml mason jars. They are a tough size to find today. everyone is making jam in ottawa!

2009 Aug 29
Canadian Tire, and Home Hardware always seem to have some kicking around.

2009 Aug 29
Dont forget walmart, they all have stands with jars and stuff this time of year. The one on richmond deffinetly has some. Ill check size tomorow.

2009 Aug 29
Zellers as well!

2009 Aug 30
Canadian Tire will almost always have 250s. There were some at the Carling store the other day when I was there.

2009 Aug 30
I thought of all those places (except Michaels - oi!) but was really hoping someone could tell me the actually saw them someplace recently, to save me the running around.

2009 Aug 30
Wal-Mart Lincoln Fields is VERY well stocked with jars, but no 1.5L

They do have both Bernardin and (the less expensive) Golden Harvest in 250s though.

Home Hardware in Hintonburg has no 1.5L. They have 1 box left of 250s.

2009 Aug 31
Still no 1.5L sightings?

Please keep your eye out for me, folks, when you are out and about. Or is that "aboot"? No doot aboot it!

2009 Sep 3
I believe that it's pronounced "aboat."

2009 Sep 13
Still no 1.5L sightings?

2009 Sep 13
Zym - I was at Rona last night and noticed they had 1l jars - no 1.5l though.

2009 Sep 13
Thanks. I've got way more 1L than I'll ever use again since I don't use them much. Guess I'd better start eating pickles and kraut to free up some of my 1.5L that I have already :-) And in the future until I can find more, I'll use the 1.5 for storage and use those 1L for pickles and kraut.

2009 Sep 13
I think I saw some at Preston hardware yesterday.

2009 Sep 13
I was there the other day myself and looked pretty hard in that stack in the center area near the back exit, and did not see any.

2009 Sep 14
Have you looked at second hand stores? I have bought some at Salvation A. and places like that in the past. Some used, but many brand new in the box...
I will look on the Quebec side for you.

2009 Oct 17
Preston Hardware has 1/2 US gallon (2 US quart or 1.89L) mason jars 6 for $12. They are on the bottom shelf on the exterior wall by the cash registers by the side entrance.

2010 Jun 15
Bump...
I saw the 1.9 L mason jars today (in 6 packs) at Metro at Greenbank Square. The canning season has begun.