Dinner and a movie - World exchange [General]

2009 Aug 12
Hey foodies group! I'm planning a dinner and a movie at world exchange and was hoping to harness your expertise in picking a place to eat. Something within a 20-30 min walk or so from the theatre, and speedy enough to catch the movie.

Thoughts?

2009 Aug 12
If you are looking for somewhere a little closer to World Exchange there is always the Parliament Pub. (D'arcy's is good too but I'm not sure how fast they can get you out of there.) There is also Moni Mahal on Laurier just off Elgin (Indian Buffet) or Milestones near the Chateau Laurier.

If you have time to head over to Chez Lucien, Ahora, Royal Thai, or Shafali. The food at all these places are good and service is pretty quick.

2009 Aug 12
Erm. As much as I would love recommende Chez, because it's one of my favourite places...it's not a quick feed.

I would try and stay west of Sussex, unless you're driving, to save on time. Milestones is a good bet, as is D'Arcy's. There's also North67 on Sparks, which isn't bad. And the Japanese restaurant on Slater at Bank.

2009 Aug 12
Which movie time were you looking on hitting? There is a big difference between trying to hit a 6:30 movie, and a 9:45 movie...

2009 Aug 12

2009 Aug 13
Either Suisha Gardens (as LWB mentioned) or Festival Japan would be within walking distance and fairly quick, particularly if you get sushi-type things rather than, say, shabu-shabu.

2009 Aug 13
Ok... if you want fast, good, and time-controllable, I would suggest packing a picnic basket, and eating outdoors at Confederation park. You might earn big points, if your 'dinner and a movie' is a hot date. You can then save the 'dinner' budget for when you have time to enjoy it in a leisurely manner.

p.s. I just saw The Hurt Locker at World Exchange, and it was most excellent, even if it wasn't a good date movie ( I went with my wife, and we both loved it).

2009 Aug 16
I wouldn't recommend Parliament Pub - their service is pretty atrocious as they are very understaffed. We were there Thursday after work and there was only one server/bartender on the patio and he told us that it had been like that for most of the summer.

Kind of crazy when you think of how great their location is and how busy it often seems.