Wedding Menus [General]

2009 Jul 26
So I pick up my copy of today's Ottawa Citizen and there is a front page photo of Jason Spezza (Ottawa Senators beloved golden boy) and his lovely wife Jennifer Snell who celebrated their wedding here in Ottawa yesterday.

There is also a 2 page spread (A6 & A7) with more photos and story inside.

One of the things (as a Foodie) I found interesting was the Menu, which was catered at the National Gallery by Tulips & Maple (tip o' the hat to the folks at T&M, several of them who are OF Members).

WEDDING MENU

Fresh Bread & Butter
Premiere Moisson baguette and eight-grain bread served with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and caramelized brown butter balls.

Seafood Platter
Fresh lobster, king crab, oysters, garlic shrimp, marinated calamari and octopus, served with lemon wedges and three sauces - traditional cocktail, mignonette and remoulade.

Pasta
Ricotta and chard-filled cannelloni with braised wild boar shank and tomato basil or cream sauce.

Entree
Portobello-crusted roast grain-fed veal strip loin with fresh mushrooms served on a bed of roasted vegetables and sweet potatoes.

Salad
Sweet greens with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dessert
Espresso-cardamom creme brulee, chocolate ganache ice cream in a chocolate cup, almond biscotti.

=== === ===

Knowiing how many OF Members have either wed recently, or are about to (Lady Who Brunches got to admit you inspired this post) I thought I'd ask for any feedback, or perhaps some (even oldies like myself) would like to share what was served at your Receptions.

2009 Jul 28
Porchetta for 'Da Butcher'

2010 Aug 25
We got married in Oct 08 at the Crown Plaza here in Ottawa - it was a sun set wedding in their penthouse with a cocktail buffet served afterwards. There was an ice tower with shrimp, baked brie and cranberries, veggie, cheese and fruit platters, a variety of little sandwiches and hot and cold canapés.

Before the wedding hubby and I had room service together in our suit. I had soup - I was so nervous it was all I could handle. He had a chicken or something like that...

Then there was our amazing wedding cake from the Ottawa Cake Lady - 3 tiers (lemon cake with citrus mousse, chocolate cake with mocha mousse and vanilla cake with lemon mousse) and truffles from Crazy 4 Chocolate as a thank you gift to all our guests.

It was a delicious night.