Only in Canada you say... [Food/Vendor]

2009 Jul 8
Hi All,

We have often in the past on Ottawa Foodies talked about items that are only available in the USA see "US Shopping List Favourites" - www.ottawafoodies.com/1468 and on occasion discussed a few items that are Canadian favourites see "Only in Canada" - www.ottawafoodies.com/1775

Anyways, I was GOOGLING for a recent Canadian food item, when I came across this Website (great concept... wish I had thought of this one)...

www.canadaonly.ca

2009 Jul 8
The have squirrely bread! I was addicted to this stuff camping out west. OMG...

That said, note that there are things that are questionably Canadian on there...twinkies? Robin Hood flour?

But they also sell pink candy popcorn and birch beer.

Pretty good for ex-pats living abroad no doubt.

2009 Jul 8
Lady Who Brunches - The website says that they carry "some" popular items that are not only Canadian (thinking that their clientelle all over the world has in the past asked for them to ship things with their order to feed a particular craving... like Twinkies).

And just so you know they have a Canadian Website as well (selling to those like yourself who are wishing to source something from the otherside of Canada). On that Website, you'll find the prices are in Cdn Dollars (vs US Dollars) and considerably cheaper than their International Site.

Squirrely Bread craving getting louder?

2009 Jul 8
Only in Canada, except when you're in Canada: The squirrely bread isn't available from canadagrocer.ca , only from their international site.

Argh!

2009 Jul 8
LWB - LOL
(I apologize for laughing... but I can see I've just fueled your craving).

OK, seeing as the two sites are interconnected, I'm sure you could contact them and still make arrangements to get it shipped to ya.