Bronson sandwich shop closed [Food/Vendor]

2009 Jul 7
Hi,

Last October a date brought me to this little corner shop on Bronson that was right across from the Macdonalds. I don't remember the name of the place but there was the owner was this really friendly Ethiopian guy who made me one of the best sandwiches I ever had - and with such care! Anyway, it looks like they've demolished the place but I was just wondering if anyone remembers this place that I am talking about or knows whether or not the owner will re-open somewhere else?

2009 Jul 7
If its the location I'm thinking of, I believe that was in the same building as the variety store that had the fire.

www.financialpost.com

2009 Jul 8
It was part of the Convinience Store which burned, in a suspicious manner. I really hope that they are able to restart somewhere, but they lost pretty much everything in that disaster. I used to go by there constantly and I miss the place.

2009 Jul 9
thanks for the info lwb and jagash.

That really is too bad...the owner seemed like such a sweet guy and that sandwich he made me really was incredible. I just hope he had insurance... :(

2009 Jul 10
Oh, you mean the place they blew up so they could more easily install the convenience store/Tim Hortons next door? Or maybe so the owners could collect insurance money rather than go bankrupt within a few months of that corner store opening...

That was a good place.

2009 Jul 10
I think it closer to the former then the latter as the convinence store wsa much better then that gas station store that coincidentally opened there around that time.