kid-friendly restaurants (with **GOOD** kids food) [General]

2009 Jul 6

2009 Jul 6
so this is in follow-up to some of the discussion on the empty restaurants thread.
our 3 kids (boy 9, girls 7 & 6) love good food and get SO frustrated with the repetitive kids menus and so many ottawa restaurants.
we were actually impressed with Moxies (ok, and hubbie didn't mind the waitresses...) as they offer kids a great salmon entree with beautifully steamed broccoli. who knew?
also had a great meal with the kids at Murray Street. Chef Steve showed them the ropes and made them some great dishes.
any other kids hotspots?

2009 Jul 6
We've had good luck with East India Company (although our son is only 1 right now). It's a buffet so it's easy to pick and choose what he likes and to try a couple new things without the financial risk of trying an entree at a regular restaurant.

2009 Jul 6
Agave. I've been there with my niece (9; pickiest eater ever) and children of friends (the eldest being 4 at the time). they have a children's menu with slightly less tasteful (strong) food, as well as a sort of a la carte menu, that comes with one side (ie. burrito or single enchilada with rice, bean or vegetable as opposite to the multiple burritos or larger enchilada). Les is a total sweetheart and the rest of their service staff is really good with kids.

Jak's Kitchen or Courtyard for breakfast.

Pub Italia for the pizzas, especially because you can order just a half one.

2009 Jul 6
Our kids liked the food at La Cabana, and its very family friendly - you may just have to deal with wait, if your children have a short attention span like mine.

2009 Jul 6
I 2nd Agave,LWB, we just haven't been there this year. Les is SO great and our kids have also loved all the food there. Where is Jak's Kitchen?
We actually had a hard time at Pub Italia a few years back - only when we had our kids with us - because there were no booster seats at all. It didn't seem like they wanted kids in the restaurant. We've loved going there when we had a babysitter, though. Maybe they're more kid-friendly now?

2009 Jul 7
Jak's Kitchen is on Bronson.

2009 Jul 7
I'm fairly sure that I've seen booster seats at Pub Italia recently. Then again, I usually go with my 9 year old niece.

Jak's is at Bronson near Gladstone; it occupies the original Stonefaced Dolly's (and their breakfasts are something fierce!)