Looking for jars of all shapes and sizes! [General]

2009 May 28
I'm cross-posting this to the swap-n-shop in the Wiki, but I also know a lot of you don't use the Wiki (for shame!)

I'm looking for around 60 glass jars, in different sizes, for a project for our summer wedding (centrepieces). If any of you have been collecting them, or just have a lot hanging around and don't plan on using them for canning anytime soon, I'd really appreciate having them.

I'd be willing to pay in the form of delicious baked goodies, and if you're in the Westboro or Parkdale area, it's especially helpful!

I'm also willing to return the jars afterwards, but I plan on putting a bit of hot glue on them.

2009 May 28
lady who brunches what size jars are you looking for? I always save my empties since I seem to get alot of requests empty glass jars. (I also save plastic containers if anyone needs them...) I just gave away my last few on freecycle last weekend but I am nearly finished some relish, olives, etc. so I could probably scrounge together a few jars for you. And I don't need them back.

2009 May 28
LWB, do you subscribe to the freecycle boards? Jars seem to pop up weekly. Especially in the suburban and county boards (Kanata, Stittsville, Ottawa Valley).

2009 May 28
I subscribe to the Glebe Freecycle one on Yahoo, and haven't seen much of anything come up on them. The big problem, is that I don't have a car, so suburbia is kind of a pain to get to (granted, it's a pain regardless of transportation).

Pasta lover, I'm looking for anything larger than a baby food jar, but smaller than 2L. They can be tall or short and can be any shape.

I'm in the process of putting ribbons on them, and they're going to be group together with tealights (or flowers?) in them as centrepieces. So, preferably nothing too deep (think pickle jar, no larger).

2009 May 28
Hmmm I might have some small Bernardin type jars that would be good for tealights. I will poke around at home and see what I have.