PC Pork and Memories Of sauce [Food/Vendor]

2009 May 24
My wife gets freebies from some marketing dude to review products on her blog, so I get to try it too. We got some free meats, "Memories Of" sauces, and other tidbits, which we've really mucked into the last couple of days.

Here is my (fairly positive) experience with these 2 products in particular : "Memories of Dad's Grill", and some ribs form their new "Free From" line that promises no antibiotics in addition to the "no hormones" which is the rule for all pork in Canada if I am not mistaken, but not in the US

The few tablespoons of leftover "Memories Of" sauce was used on the PC chicken at supper. My wife did half the chicken with, and half without a bit of the sauce brushed on. She correctly predicted that our oldest son would not want sauce on his chicken even though he clearly liked the sauce on the ribs. Hey, that's how kids are :-)

She thought the Halal chicken we usually get looked more vibrant than the PC stuff, and I sort of thought the same of both the beef, and to a much lesser degree the pork as well (obviously not Halal in that case!).

But in general all of the meats were good quality, with some degree of flavour (just not as much as my local stuff). Though generally overpriced.

It cooked up incredibly well on the grill nonetheless, and everyone in the family enjoyed it.